Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rob2D wrote: »
    Looks good. If you're ever getting rid of that case, gimme a shout. Getting harder and harder to find decent cases with front bays in them. It all just stupid flat glass now.

There's still good cases from the last few years:

Cooler Master MasterCase 5 / MC500 series
    be quiet Silent Base 600
    Fractal Design R5 / R6
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I've my Unraid server in the Enthoo Pro, it was a dream to build in tbh. Cable management is child's play in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

glynf wrote: »
    This Silverstone TJ11 on adverts would be a good option if you require front bays. Bomb-proof build quality & huge amount of space to build in....starting to talk myself into buying it now...

Now that's a man's case right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

NH-D15 installed.

502114.jpg

Very nice dude. That black noctua cooler look fantastic!

Did you find an improvement since fitting it? Trying to decide between noctua, bequiet, Arctic duo at the moment.

Did you change the nzxt case?

It's idling at 26C and 54C under load so similar to my last AIO. The GPU fans are louder.

Yea, wasn't a fan of temps in that NZXT case. The Lian Li is perfect.

• Advertisement

It's idling at 26C and 54C under load so similar to my last AIO. The GPU fans are louder.

Yea, wasn't a fan of temps in that NZXT case. The Lian Li is perfect.

Looks very tidy.

Top quality case too. I'm going with the purebase 500 I think.... Keep changing and was leaving GPU and case to order last :(

If you're thinking of the BeQuiet i'd probably wait until they release the mesh version of it which is next month i think. The thermals would be much better than the original.

If you're thinking of the BeQuiet i'd probably wait until they release the mesh version of it which is next month i think. The thermals would be much better than the original.

Cheers.

Yeah it's supposed to be March for the 500 DX I think. Waiting is killing me :D

although I could probably leave the case until the last purchase :D

Got some fancy covers for it today in the post.

502449.jpg

I've held off on Chromax covers for my NH-U14S, would rather they bit the bullet & released an RGB version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've held off on Chromax covers for my NH-U14S, would rather they bit the bullet & released an RGB version.

That will take at least a decade to come to market at the speed Noctua move :pac:

Finally tidied up my desk at work today and put up my new monitor stand:

eb0BzAwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Got some fancy covers for it today in the post.

502449.jpg

that is a nice cooler whats the performance like?

I've moved it over to my nephew's build and gone back to my AIO.

It cools great but it's still not as quiet as my AIO. I've kept the Noctua case fans though as they're the quietest fans i've ever had and really shift lots of air. Very impressed by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Here's my server. I switched the motherboard to an ASRock X470D4U & upgraded to a Ryzen 5 2600. After some memory problems, I got some Samsung branded OEM memory from ASRock's QVL list & everything is fine once again.

It's a very good board - The ASRock IPMI really is awesome. Never would I go back to not having it for my server, not once have I had to plug a monitor into or connect anything USB to this machine, just plug in the network cables & you're done. :D

Also - I found the Wraith cooler very loud on my 3700X, but it's actually very good on this board with the 2600.

504515.jpg

504516.jpg

Been thinking about getting a server myself for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My new monitor arrived last week so I finally took the time to do a case swap as well. Unfortunately my new MB braided cable was faulty and the PC wouldn't boot with it in so back to the standard black for the moment.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qgToSj6b63k9K2hy7

Very happy with how everything looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My new monitor arrived last week so I finally took the time to do a case swap as well. Unfortunately my new MB braided cable was faulty and the PC wouldn't boot with it in so back to the standard black for the moment.

Oh that is tidy.

That Aku Aku holding up your premium controller?

What's the little clock? Lenovo or a Google hub or a whatchamacallit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As someone thinking about a new desk. Which desk top is that?

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Oh that is tidy.

That Aku Aku holding up your premium controller?

What's the little clock? Lenovo or a Google hub or a whatchamacallit?

Yup Crash in his mask and an Elite Controller. Dark Souls Amibo beside it.

It's an Echo Show 5 that controls all my lights in the house. I've a Phillips Hue light strip behind the desk, a Hue Go on the window sill and Hue colour bulb in the light. Under that is a Denon Ceol Carino for sound.

Astro A50s for night time gaming on PC and Xbox One X.

Serephucus wrote: »
    As someone thinking about a new desk. Which desk top is that?

It's an IKEA Ekbacken kitchen worktop. The legs are Alex drawers and I got eight small casters from Amazon so I can move the whole thing a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Finally finished my new build

That's lovely looking. You need to add the "It ain't much, but it's mine" meme that is always posted on awesome first builds on r/pcmasterace :pac:

Is that an aftermarket RAM led kit?

Is that an aftermarket RAM led kit?

No, it’s Corsair RGB vengeance. Two black and two white sticks, I had a set of Corsair vengeance LP in my old rig, again two white two black that looked really well but with the ddr4 rgb kit you can’t really tell they are two different gear sinks.

Yup Crash in his mask and an Elite Controller. Dark Souls Amibo beside it.

How is the Elite? I'm still using 360 pads to this day. I've looked at the elite before but never took the plunge.

How is the Elite? I'm still using 360 pads to this day. I've looked at the elite before but never took the plunge.

I like it and have had no problems with it since I bought it at launch and I've thousand+ hours use on it. I find it very hard to use a normal pad without the paddles now. Well worth the money I paid.

Some people do have issues with the Bumpers breaking though. The newer one is meant to be much improved though but very expensive.

Looking at your desk makes me cry for my attempts at cable managing mine.

• Advertisement

Looking at your desk makes me cry for my attempts at cable managing mine.

That took about an hour with heaps of cable ties :pac:

I'll get a picture of the bottom and back of the desk later.

I'm good at cable managing PC's but unfortunately i don't have any sockets under or near my desk so have to use extensions. I might drape something from the cable management bar to hide the stuff on the ground.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It's an IKEA Ekbacken kitchen worktop. The legs are Alex drawers and I got eight small casters from Amazon so I can move the whole thing a bit easier.

how is the table attached?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    how is the table attached?

I did have the counter top just lying on the drawers. It never moved but when I put the casters on I used two screws on each side from underneath the drawers to secure the top so it would stay put when moving the whole thing.

Anyone watch Jayztwocents video of his new game room? Looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Anyone watch Jayztwocents video of his new game room? Looks amazing.

Saw that. Looks the business alright. tempted to mount my TV a similar way with back board :D

• Advertisement

I just spotted that the pictures i posted (via phone) didnt upload correctly on my last post...

Lets try this again....

[IMG][/img]pic%202.jpg

[IMG][/img]pic%201.jpg

[IMG][/img]pic%203.jpg

[IMG][/img]87468833_188907595668094_8088022420276903936_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Taking the lock-down to do some long overdue upgrades. Only the RTX 2080ti came over from the old machine and some large SSD's. That GPU was expensive but its had a really great lifespan so far and absolutely mashes frames. For the first time in 15 years I am back to AMD, and I went all RGB this time, although prefering the clean black and white theme. I am a bit pissed that although they are all corsair RGB some of the whites are blue and some are very white, end up setting some to a blue tone to match in.

Use my machine for work, some webinars, gaming (VR mostly Valve index) and some light video processing. Seems the best spec at the moment without going totally bonkers. Shifted all my old parts on adverts no problem.

Specs:
    Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 06
    Fans: LL120 Corsair RGB
    CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
    Mobo: Asus X570-pro Prime.
    GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC ULtra
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 Dual Channel
    Main SSD: Corsair Mp600 Gen 4.
    Cooler: Corsair h100i Platinum SE RGB
    PSU: Corsair rx850 white.
    Storage : Various Sata SSD and a scratch disk on a Samsung NVME 950 pro 256gb.

20200403-205659.jpg
    20200403-205709.jpg
    IMG-6973.jpg

JIgRYzSl.jpg

HEVnplvl.jpg

IuP8JSbl.jpg

Main Specs:

Ryzen 5-3600X / NZXT Kraken X72
    MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    RTX 2070 Super / Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II
    16Gb Patriot DDR4-3600 CL17
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG
    EVGA 850 GQ PSU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What's the card below your gpu KO?

BloodBath wrote: »
    What's the card below your gpu KO?

An ARGB GPU support bracket :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Main Specs:

Ryzen 5-3600X / NZXT Kraken X72
    MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
    RTX 2070 Super / Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II
    16Gb Patriot DDR4-3600 CL17
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG
    EVGA 850 GQ PSU
    Nice job. That takes me back seeing those HDDs. When I removed all mechanical drives from my main desktop a number of years back I couldn't get over the silence as a result.

How do you find the Fractal R6? Are there any rattles?

I have my server in the R5, and while it's a great case to work in, it's got an annoying issue where the dust filter can rattle if a number of the hard drives spin up. Took a bit of a creative solution to fix.

The Define R6 is probably the most solid & thought-out case I've worked in and owned.
    The only thing I regret is wasting money on constant fan changes - I'm sure the standard Fractal fans would've sufficed all things told, I just wanted to go Noctua.

Talking of fans, since posting the above I decided to strap 2x120mm fans to the GPU - same thermal performance, but lower noise.
    However the implementation is a bit janky.
    So I found a "240" mm fan frame to make it cleaner.
    Should be here in a few weeks, more pics then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

The Define R6 is probably the most solid & thought-out case I've worked in and owned.
    The only thing I regret is wasting money on constant fan changes - I'm sure the standard Fractal fans would've sufficed all things told, I just wanted to go Noctua.

Talking of fans, since posting the above I decided to strap 2x120mm fans to the GPU - same thermal performance, but lower noise.
    However the implementation is a bit janky.
    So I found a "240" mm fan frame to make it cleaner.
    Should be here in a few weeks, more pics then...

On my Define R5, my rear exhaust Fractal fan started to screech a little so ended up switching all out to Noctua, so I would have done that myself regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I cheaped out on the fans myself but wasn't disappointed.

Got this Arctic 5 pack and they are great. Quiet with good airflow and they should last a while.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HC7P3HJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bit of a refresh for the Summer.

511749.jpg

511750.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Very clean!

What’s the headphone setup you have going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Pull the sticker off the monitor :eek:

marko93 wrote: »
    Very clean!

What’s the headphone setup you have going there?

It's a Fiio K5 Pro Amp/Dac and a set of Drop/HifiMan HE4XX.

I collect headphones and that's the one's getting used this week. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Your an audiophile. I'm the complete opposite cheap set of headphones and mp3's sound perfectly good to me.

Your an audiophile. I'm the complete opposite cheap set of headphones and mp3's sound perfectly good to me.

Like most people really. Music is my first passion and i just love to get the best sound i can afford (to my ears anyway). I collect vinyl too so like a good setup to listen to it all.

511756.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement