Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun - The Matrix

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Some of Zipfile's protection protocols alert her to a sub-AI presence in the nearby matrix (OOC: Sub-AI meaning not quite self-aware but very clever). In the Matrix it has a weak enough presence, but its meatspace body is armed to the teeth and has a reinforced Titanium casing according to its tags. It's about a kilometer away in meatspace, but projections of its trajectory indicate it is heading for the brawl out on the streets.

Rude sends back:

'Nope, just drinkin some soda. Troll business, you'd have enjoyed it. Some sort of crazy sh1t is happening outside'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Comms to group : "heavy metal inbound. Don't go outside without your rain mac and a tin opener."

Is that thing close enough to get a look at how secure it is? Because Zip wants her toys.

Also, if she'd notice that Frosty is close to the car, pop a lock for her

Banjo wrote: »
    Comms to group : "heavy metal inbound. Don't go outside without your rain mac and a tin opener."

Is that thing close enough to get a look at how secure it is? Because Zip wants her toys.
    Zipfile gets a cursory reading on what appears to be a drone, a massive drone mounted with dual machine guns, a sniper cannon and a flamethrower according to its tags.

Whoever built it was clever. The sub-AI core has no matrix presence directly, the weak presence is actually just that of a tracker mounted into it so that its owner can keep tabs on it. Most likely the info on the drone is so explicit so as to advertise the threat to nearby Runners like Zipfile.

So can I hack the tracker to misreport its location by increasingly large amounts so that any necessary course corrections cause it to fly into the nearest restricted airspace, eg through the window of an 8th floor megacorp executive bathroom?

• Advertisement

OOC: You can. Do you do it?

At the same moment, alerts pop up next to Zipfile of an unauthorised presence in the Limo. Nearby tags let her know it is Frostburn, but the alarm system is semi-autonomous from the rest of the vehicle and is ready to broadcast and alert. It'll be noisy in the Matrix, but will also set off the alarm in meatspace.

OOC: You can try to hack the alarm and shut it down or let it go off. Moderate security

Oops : also Comms to group "it's a low profile wetworks dumbot, doesn't have a hand to shake or an ear to whisper sweet nothings in, whatever you're doing do it fast and jander out faster"

If I have control of the car, can't I disable the alarm?
    If not, let it go off. Will be driving the car away as soon as frosty is clear so the alarm plays with that.

Yeah let's attack the drone

OOC: You can, but it's an additional illegal action since it's semi-autonomous, i.e. might add 1 or 2 overwatch. Do you do it?

It's clearly a mistake. So yes! Do it!

• Advertisement

Zipfile halts the car alarm with little effort. The tracker on the drone takes a bit more work, but she manages to pull it off with little issue. It's now reporting 5 meters to the left of where it truly is. Subtle enough to be unnoticed, but enough to make the directions useless when it receives them.

Comms to group : "never mind, turns out I'm a miracle worker, air support has been cancelled. Guys, what is Frosty doing in the car? You know I can't see or hear while I'm in here. You trying to pull this run without me? You crossing me? I will get all Lakota on you, you pull anything.

Zipfile gets the comms back from Frostburn:

'I'm securing the mark. Taking her out of the car. We shouldn't be seen. Can you remotely drive the car off as a diversion. Get these gangers to follow the car?'

Zip guns the engine in answer.
    Then thinks better of it and pipes into the screen, max headroom style. "No problem-em-em-emo!"

Once they're clear, let the alarm activate and drive the car as fast as possible through a lightly crowded area (enough that a couple of bangers get hit but not enough to stop the car.) Set a course that has it drive as fast and as far away as possible in the direction the drone came from.

If there are no other pressing threats, jack out and reboot, draw the pistol and be ready to move. AR overlay showing the exploited guns

Advertisement