Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visit OPW site for free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Best make the most of it. This scheme is being phased out. Iirc, some sites have already done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Best make the most of it. This scheme is being phased out. Iirc, some sites have already done it.

Thats a shame and doesn't surprise me, crazy money for most tourist stuff to do here.

Theres stuff i refuse to pay for(Powerscourt/Japenese Gardens etc), 30 euro plus before food petrol parking etc :eek:

I no not OPW, but a comment on the general rip off and bad attitude in the tourism sector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

jeffk wrote: »
    Thats a shame and doesn't surprise me, crazy money for most tourist stuff to do here.

Theres stuff i refuse to pay for(Powerscourt/Japenese Gardens etc), 30 euro plus before food petrol parking etc :eek:

r
    Parking is free!!

Parking is free!!

Not on all sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Not on all sites

The 2 you mentioned are and btw...powerscourt is a private business not opw.

• Advertisement

I no not OPW, but a comment on the general rip off and bad attitude in the tourism sector

See bold and 2 of how many?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

When you see the range of sites that the National Trust in the UK look after and you can visit them all for just £69 per year, it shows how poor the OPW are here.

I suppose that should be a BA, if living in the UK or Northern Ireland, join the national trust.

BTW I have to laugh that the Glendalough Visitor center is on this free Wednesday list. Forget about the insanely small and useless visitor center and instead spend hours at this magnificent park for free *, just chill out by the lakes or do one of the many great hikes around it if that is your thing.

* Note parking is €4 at Glendalough.

BBTW If our government actually cared about our heritage and nature, they would buy the Guinness Estate that is up for sale and integrate it into Glendalough. The cost would easily be earned back on all the tourists it would bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Get a heritage card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

frash wrote: »

Note that most of the places it covers are free or very cheap anyway.

Unless you are planning to hit Newgrange, Muckross House * and Kilmainham Gaol in the same year, not really worth it.

* Doesn't cover the Traditional Farm

• Advertisement
Advertisement