Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering drones or not?

Options
  • 27-01-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭

My Spark is being delivered in about 10 minutes. Looking forward to testing it. I was just at the launch of the Mavic Air here in Dubai and there were some amazing drones and unmanned aircraft... One police drone in particular was like something out of RoboCop... There is a full aerodrome set up especially for drone use.

They also have an academy... With training and bootcamps for new users and for professionals. There is also a registration required. It all makes sense, although maybe a little expensive, and it ensures you operate safely.

Just wondering if it's worth registering my Spark when I return to Ireland? I guess it's under the weight limitation etc. But would it allow me more usage options? I believe it's only a fiver to register...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Serious question guys. Do you recommend registering a drone, even if it is only an amatuer model like the spark...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Serious question guys. Do you recommend registering a drone, even if it is only an amatuer model like the spark...

It's under the weight restrictions so why would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Yes.

Will help *if* the drone is stolen - the registration number is on a sticker which is adhered to to drone body. It is designed not to come off. Put the sticker in place which is not obvious to any thief.

I believe there is a nominal charge to pay. You should also consider insuring the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Yes.

Will help *if* the drone is stolen - the registration number is on a sticker which is adhered to to drone body. It is designed not to come off. Put the sticker in place which is not obvious to any thief.

I believe there is a nominal charge to pay. You should also consider insuring the device.

You can insure the drone on your house contents policy in case it gets stolen etc..
    Getting an insurance policy on the drone in case of an accident won't happen unless you are using it commercially and have completed expensive ground school class and obtained a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Check this site out:

https://www.flyryte.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement