Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just bough a Spark

Options
  • 06-04-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭

Well I’ve never had a drone before but today I bought a spark. Think it was an ok price, about €320. Got it in Dubai on holidays.

So I now see something about a combo. Can anyone tell me what the difference is?

Hoping to try it out tomorrow, but just realized I don’t have a SD card. Will it record video and photos to the phone?

Just downloading the app now and charging her up, ready for the morning so might view a few videos online this evening, anyone got any good ones to recommend?

Finally any tips for a newbie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Wife bought me a combo in march for 630. Comes with 2 batterys a charging pod to charge 3 batteries at once a carry bag and propeller protectors and a carry bag.Tried with phone to control it very hard. The remote is class. Around 150 to buy the remote seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

keavebm wrote: »
    Wife bought me a combo in march for 630. Comes with 2 batterys a charging pod to charge 3 batteries at once a carry bag and propeller protectors and a carry bag.Tried with phone to control it very hard. The remote is class. Around 150 to buy the remote seperate

So the remote was in the combo set also?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Seve OB wrote:
    So the remote was in the combo set also?

Yes. But 320 for the spark alone is very good there going for over 400 here

he didn't have the combo set. i knock him down big time... tis great over here for the haggle

what is the deal without a SD card, will i get away with it for a couple of days or do i need to go get one?

Tried a couple of test flights earlier on. Was difficult to see the screen on my phone with the sun.
    Headed off to MOE to see if I could pick up a remote control and an SD card. Got a good card, SanDisk Extreme, 64gb so should be good for a while. Nowhere had stock of the remote controls.
    Came back and did 2 small flights, nearly 4 minutes and then 6:30 and started to get a warning of low battery...... I was about to land it anyway.

So my first observation.... really easy to use as a first timer, but I do regret not picking up a bundle. Battery life is pretty poor, but that’s fine I’m sure, that’s just what it is. The problem is, first time flying, you want and need to muck around with it a good bit to get the hang of it, so having to charge the battery after every 15 minutes is a pita and results in slow learning.

Of course it meant I watched a few YouTube videos. Gonna try the follow me mode tomorrow with the kids. I’ve also just downloaded to software to my iPad so that might be easier to use for navigation as the phone was a bit jumpy. Defrost gonna keep my eye out for a remote and spare battery.... or even 2. Does an6one know if they do the fly more bundle separate to the drone at all?

Speaking of the iPad, I tried to sync my flight records but it only synced my experience points, no flight records synced at all. Why would that be?

• Advertisement

Another thing that I find odd is that the simulator thing looks pretty cool, but I can't just try it out ... I have to connect up the Spark first ... what is the logic behind that? would be ideal to try the simulator while the battery is charging, or of a dark evening sitting on the couch

Advertisement