Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

jucylucy wrote: »
    Quick call the Aer Co.....oh never mind������ actually in for paining!!

Somehow I doubt any infringement of our airspace by another nation would be visible on FR24.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭BZ

Rada IL62 due back into SNN this evening at around 1630

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

BZ wrote: »

Just came in a few minutes ago ... up from Nigeria ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Do you know when its meant to depart and where its going ?Thanks

Ilyushin76 wrote: »

Outbound schedule has changed a few times, I would presume tomorrow some time between crew rest times and the aircraft being loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

d51984 wrote: »
    RAF out playing on the Irish Sea with a few jets.

Daily sight, thats where they train, out of RAF Valley. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

kooga wrote: »
    They flew into cork airport last nite as well passed over the city around 7.45 snd they flew out of cork around 11.00 last nite , at the same time there was a Pilatus? aircraft at the airport

WOLF Section ( 2 AW139 & 1 EC135 ) & a PC12 NG SPECTRE ISTAR were on a exercise with the Navy.

Ilyushin76 wrote: »

Have read elsewhere its 0930 tomorrow morning subject to change as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Interesting activities going on across Europe in terms of the monitoring of the Russian forces on the Ukrainian border.
    As it was pointed out previously, you can only see the transponders of the aircraft which wish to display, the rest is falling "under the radar", per-sey.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae1491
    This is an airborne ground surveillance system for monitoring troops. Currently side-on with Moscow and aptly named "REDEYE".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_E-8_Joint_STARS

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae064e
    This is an air-refueling tanker, Boeing KC-135R, one of many in the air. Many appear to be flying up to the North Sea where there are likely to be refueling Boeing E-3 Sentry (AWACS) monitoring and acquiring air and sea targets across Europe.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c39f
    This is a Boeing E-3 Sentry (AWACS).

U-2's have been reported to be flying out of RAF Fairford, but they aren't broadcasting on MODE S (ADS-B).
    A Reaper drone, possibly out of Cyprus, was observable over South / Eastern Ukraine until about 20 mins ago, but it went silent or out of range.
    Reaper: https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae54b6

If you want to watch on ADSB Exchange, click the U in the top right corner to filter out the non-MIL aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Interesting activities going on across Europe in terms of the monitoring of the Russian forces on the Ukrainian border.
    As it was pointed out previously, you can only see the transponders of the aircraft which wish to display, the rest is falling "under the radar", per-sey.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae1491
    This is an airborne ground surveillance system for monitoring troops. Currently side-on with Moscow and aptly named "REDEYE".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_E-8_Joint_STARS

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae064e
    This is an air-refueling tanker, Boeing KC-135R, one of many in the air. Many appear to be flying up to the North Sea where there are likely to be Boeing E-3 Sentry (AWACS) monitoring and acquiring air and sea targets across Europe.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=43c39f
    This is a Boeing E-3 Sentry (AWACS).

U-2's have been reported to be flying out of RAF Fairford, but they aren't broadcasting on MODE S (ADS-B).
    A Reaper drone, possibly out of Cyprus, was observable over Eastern Romania until about 20 mins ago, but it went silent on approach to the Ukraine border.

If you want to watch on ADSB Exchange, click the U in the top right corner to filter out the non-MIL aircraft.

That stuff is daily...

Only thing there that isn't usually out on the eastern front is the J-STARS.... There is an American deployment due this week or next as a show of commitment to NATO, where something like 10,000 troops will be flown in for an exercise, so probably something to do with that...

But on a regular Mon - Fri you'll have:
    1 or 2 U2's out from UK
    1 or 2 RC-135 up from the UK
    3 or 4 E-3 AWACS up somewhere
    1 or 2 RC-12's up from Estonia on the Kalinigrad boarder

You'll have something similar up with assets from the Med going to the Black sea

Everyone loses their **** when the Bears or Blackjacks go for a spin (albeit, they don't plan flights so do it in a less safe manner)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice clear night for those in its flight path, IL 62 EW-450TR , currently over France on the way back to Shannon tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

A nice clear night for those in its flight path, IL 62 EW-450TR , currently over France on the way back to Shannon tonight.

I am hoping its flying over me tonight (mountains NE of Sneem), watching ADS-B like a hawk.

I'm looking at two Coastguard helicopter out tonight operating off the Waterford & Cork coast.

Nothing serious I hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Both training,also note further north r118 is also out training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Both training,also note further north r118 is also out training.
    Was wondering. Heard the heli fly over my head in Cork and have been tracking it since. Couldn't see anything on Marine Traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

u

Wasn’t it there on Tuesday too?

Who’s shipping freight to Libya and back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Oi5in

thanks, was wondering what it was, gave house a nice rattle on approach over north cork. sounded very different to what we normally get.

DL135 AMS to DTW turned around off the northwest Coast and is diverting to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Spitfire flying east of Leeds at the moment!Nice!

IL62 just about to get airborne out of SNN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭kooga

IL62 just about to get airborne out of SNN

It flew over Cork City on Wednesday night heading north - some noise from it so i looked up its route on flightradar - it flew in from Libya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

kooga wrote: »
    It flew over Cork City on Wednesday night heading north - some noise from it so i looked up its route on flightradar - it flew in from Libya.

It has flown Abuja to Shannon, Shannon to Larnaca, Larnaca to Misrata, Misrata to Shannon and Shannon to Larnaca so far this week. A bit of fun tracking it.

Foggy43 wrote: »
    It has flown Abuja to Shannon, Shannon to Larnaca, Larnaca to Misrata, Misrata to Shannon and Shannon to Larnaca so far this week. A bit of fun tracking it.

everyone up in arms about checking US flights for "war cargo" .... yet everyone is just fascinated by an aircraft with movements like this :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

arccosh wrote: »
    everyone up in arms about checking US flights for "war cargo" .... yet everyone is just fascinated by an aircraft with movements like this :pac::pac:

ah here my most excting thing of lockdown 1 last year wasnt C17's or drones , it was some lad ferry flighting a air tractor from the states to kenya!

it wasn't about the plane per se, rather where it's been and why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭AnRothar

it wasn't about the plane per se, rather where it's been and why
    Not allowed. Get with the programme.
    Shannon Airport is a US warport.:rolleyes:.
    All else is not relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,941 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well this is the Aviation forum?

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Well this is the Aviation forum?

it was sarcasm... I'm fascinated too... I just think it's funny how the US get flak all the time when a plane that is obviously being used by the Turkish/Russian backed setup in Libya gets a wave through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

it was sarcasm... I'm fascinated too... I just think it's funny how the US get flak all the time when a plane that is obviously being used by the Turkish/Russian backed setup in Libya gets a wave through

Is this the same IL62 that’s bringing cola concentrate out of SNN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Is this the same IL62 that’s bringing cola concentrate out of SNN?

Not sure about that, but the cola concentrate was keeping a daily Turkish/ACT B744F busy on SNN-ATL for years after the Coca Cola facility got fattened by a hurricane in Puerto Rico. Might still be what's going on the JFK flights by the same aircraft now.

• Advertisement

HTCOne wrote: »
    Not sure about that, but the cola concentrate was keeping a daily Turkish/ACT B744F busy on SNN-ATL for years after the Coca Cola facility got fattened by a hurricane in Puerto Rico. Might still be what's going on the JFK flights by the same aircraft now.

This near daily 747 movement is fuel stop only but can pick up cargo if required but haven't seen any loaded in quite some time.

Yes the IL62 has done the 3 trips into SNN to pick up the Pepsi concentrate, about 35 tonne each trip

German Beach b200 Super King Air, has a strange flight path.

DIWAW from Donegal https://fr24.com/DIWAW/2780f2d0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

German Beach b200 Super King Air, has a strange flight path.

DIWAW from Donegal https://fr24.com/DIWAW/2780f2d0

There have been several survey aircraft operating over the country lately - at least five this morning. They all have strange flight paths if you want to look at them that way. https://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/001560492.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭roadmaster

there does seam to be survey aircraft in the air everyday and all them appear to be UK based. How come no Irish company's seam to be in that business?

roadmaster wrote: »
    there does seam to be survey aircraft in the air everyday and all them appear to be UK based. How come no Irish company's seam to be in that business?

Today there are Swiss, Danish and French operators involved, amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Today there are Swiss, Danish and French operators involved, amongst others.

Including Irish. Westair in Shannon, who I believe work for the Ordnance Survey among others, had at least one up today and yesterday, as they do most days with suitable weather

EchoIndia wrote: »
    There have been several survey aircraft operating over the country lately - at least five this morning. They all have strange flight paths if you want to look at them that way. https://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/001560492.html

Thanks, according to a neighbour of mine the aircraft was surveying locations for future wind farms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Seems to have been many mapping/surveying flights over the last few days.
    I guess good weather and so little other traffic makes it a good time to do. Quite a few off shore too. There's been a few night ones in UK too, complained about by residents. The operators cite more stable air at night. So many private planes/gliders etc out in the good weather it's probably less crowded at night.

examples Bioflight, BIO02 BIO05, RVL Aviation REV6AF, Ravenair RVR7ng,
    Private
    DIWAW, FGPXR, N980AE,

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/DIWAW

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Small plane flying around in the last hour or so - overhead Raheny/Sutton. Any ideas what this plane is? thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyknight

G-WKTS (Beech 90 King Air) and HB-GLB(Beech B200 Super King Air) both running race track pattern, most probably both doing survey work. There was a Beech out of EGNX over on a recce flight last evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Is it starting to get busy again or are the jet trails staying because of the weather. Looks like dozens of aircraft have passed over in the last two days

Make that hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Gary kk wrote: »
    Is it starting to get busy again or are the jet trails staying because of the weather. Looks like dozens of aircraft have passed over in the last two days

Make that hours.

Traffic across Ireland, North Atlantic an Europe remains fairly static, no significant growth. Increased contrail activity is likely a result of the recent weather conditions and the location of the North Atlantic tracks over the past few days causing more traffic to be seen over central Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Gary kk wrote: »

Make that hours.
    Mild, stable weather will mean contrails stay intact for longer.
    With dynamic weather (EG. Wind or weather systems moving through) the high altitude air is turbulent and the water crystals get dispersed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Does anybody here share info with FR ? I applied for their little box set up years ago but got the big No :mad:

Ish66 wrote: »
    Does anybody here share info with FR ? I applied for their little box set up years ago but got the big No :mad:

No, but I think they have Ireland well-covered, hence why would they add additional feeders when it gains them nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Ish66 wrote: »
    Yes but I DIY'd one and an antenna 5 years ago out of boredom! You can build one with a raspberry pi, DVB tuner and some coax handy enough! Mines in the attic but I still get up to 150 miles range for stuff above 20000 feet. I used to travel a bit with work precovid so enjoyed the business account for info on the planes I was flying on or spotted while waiting in a terminal etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

tnegun wrote: »
    Yes but I DIY'd one and an antenna 5 years ago out of boredom! You can build one with a raspberry pi, DVB tuner and some coax handy enough! Mines in the attic but I still get up to 150 miles range for stuff above 20000 feet. I used to travel a bit with work precovid so enjoyed the business account for info on the planes I was flying on or spotted while waiting in a terminal etc.
    https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yeah, I had a station for a few years. It's currently in retirement as I'd need to reposition the antenna to make it work now.
    But it had a home-made coaxial antenna and I was on a good day able to pick-up flights over London at >12,000m. You could also pick-up a lot of training flights in Cardigan Bay.
    There are three services which you can register with:
    FR24, PiAware and adsbexchange.

Plus if you configure it with dump1090-fa (or the more recently updated https://github.com/wiedehopf/tar1090), then you get a nice local map, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

IL-76 en route to Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sputnik-V vaccine on board? ;):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement