Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help To Buy

Options
  • 18-09-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

Myself & my partner bought a new build back in 2018. At the time only my partner claimed on his side for the HTB scheme which was under €5K. I've since applied on my side too (for the same house) and it says that I'm entitled to a €16K refund and that I'm at the verification stage.
    I don't think I should be able to still get a refund at this stage and if I can would it even be possible as it's been 2 years now since we've moved in!

Thanks,
    Emma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

emmam92 wrote: »

My partner and I bought a new build back in 2018. At the time only my partner claimed on his side for the HTB scheme which was under €5K.

I've since applied on my side too (for the same house) and it says that I'm entitled to a €16K refund and that I'm at the verification stage.

I don't think I should be able to still get a refund at this stage

Why not?

If you met the terms and conditions for the scheme in 2018 then you're eligible for the refund. The only problem might be if you hadn't applied for it before Revenue's 4 year cut-off point for tax refunds - but in your case, you're well within that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

did anything ever come of this Emma? I'm in the same boat. Bought in 2017 but never claimed (was never told about it) would I still get it if I do it now?

I understand it goes to the builder what way would it work "retrospectively"

Advertisement