Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strict Nat Type - how to open?

Options
  • 17-09-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey all, so I'm having some trouble matchmaking. My nat type is strict. I'm on Vodafone BB and I have so far been unable to get the Nat type to moderate mever mind open.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't seem to have a upnp option which I've seen mentioned on some online tutorials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

The easiest way to get an Open NAT is to put your XBox in the DMZ. As far as routing is concerned, your XBox would be on the Internet side of the network, instead of inside.

More details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Putting your box into the DMZ might not always be the best step as it can reduce a layer of defence between your machine and the Internet.

A family member had a similar issue when switching to Vodafone recently and used this guide to enable port forwarding and it reduced the NAT settings to open using the Gigabox modem from Vodafone

https://portforward.com/vodafone/gigabox/

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Putting your box into the DMZ might not always be the best step as it can reduce a layer of defence between your machine and the Internet.

A family member had a similar issue when switching to Vodafone recently and used this guide to enable port forwarding and it reduced the NAT settings to open using the Gigabox modem from Vodafone

https://portforward.com/vodafone/gigabox/

Hi,
    Just got VF gigabit BB this morning with new router 500mbs lovely.
    Connected up the Xbox and got
    NAT type: strict
    UPnP: unavailable

I assigned static IP and opened ports on router (VF support no help at all). Still no joy
    In order to get going I put the Xbox in the DMZ and NAT is open now and all good.
    But I would rather have it done correctly. Did I open the ports correctly in the picture?
    Anything else I should have done?

Advertisement