Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate €1 upgrade

Options
  • 21-08-2020 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭

Xbox are running another upgrade xbox live to Game Pass Ultimate promotion again.

I paid €12.99 for the upgrade, probably because I've done it before but the website advertises as a €1 upgrade.

You can upgrade up to 36 months worth of Xbox Live. I bought a full 36 months at a key reseller for roughly €145, applied the codes to my account and then upgraded to Game Pass.

You could go to the official route and get 3 years xbox live for €180 if they're still available in store.

If you were to pay for game pass for 3 years it's in the region of €460 so even €180 is a massive saving.

It also includes xcloud access on android devices.

If you already have Game Pass I don't think this will work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

So what you’re saying we have to do is extend our Live sub out to 3 years, and then we can get upgraded for €1 for each of the 36 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Soarer wrote: »
    So what you’re saying we have to do is extend our Live sub out to 3 years, and then we can get upgraded for €1 for each of the 36 months?

Normally just a €1 once off. I did the same thing myself last year and it worked no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Anyone who already did the 1Euro upgrade manage to do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

If you have ultimate already do not try to purchase Xbox live as it will automatically convert at full price. You have to let your ultimate expire before you can “downgrade” and purchase live again. Then you can stack and upgrade for €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I got it again but it had been about a year since I previously had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

I done the upgrade last year or so. Done it this time and was charged €12.99 instead of €1 but it worked. My account says next charge is August 2023. So I guess the upgrade is avail be just not for €1 if you've done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

When I go to upgrade it says:

Ultimate 1-Month
    €1.00 including VAT for the first month
    €12.99 including VAT every month after that

So which is it? €1.00 until end of live sub or above?

cyborg wrote: »
    When I go to upgrade it says:

Ultimate 1-Month
    €1.00 including VAT for the first month
    €12.99 including VAT every month after that

So which is it? €1.00 until end of live sub or above?

It has auto-renew so at the end of the upgrade period it'll charge €12.99 a month, which you can cancel at the time.

Gadge wrote: »
    Normally just a €1 once off. I did the same thing myself last year and it worked no bother.

Did it myself last year, but can’t really remember what I did!

Or if I can do it again seeing as my sub(s) are still active.

Will have a cut off it and see what happens. Will check hukd to see if there are any Live bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭recyclops

If you've already done the 1 euro it will be 12.99 to convert gold to gamepass ultimate. I did it myself two weeks ago.

Bought 2 12 months of live entered both individually got an extraonth free for each.

Then did the upgrade to ultimate offer and paid 12.99 for first month.

Now have gamepass til November 2022

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    If you've already done the 1 euro it will be 12.99 to convert gold to gamepass ultimate. I did it myself two weeks ago.

Bought 2 12 months of live entered both individually got an extraonth free for each.

Grand, I paid the €12.99 too assuming that was the reason, glad to hear it wasn't just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

This is exactly what I did a couple of weeks back too

If you go to xbox.com then subscription after logging on it will tell you the date of the next payment to see if it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Any idea when this expires? I'm awaiting payday next week :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Any idea when this expires? I'm awaiting payday next week :D

If you’re anything like me, it’ll be the day before payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

If you have ultimate already do not try to purchase Xbox live as it will automatically convert at full price. You have to let your ultimate expire before you can “downgrade” and purchase live again. Then you can stack and upgrade for €1.
    I got it again but it had been about a year since I previously had it.
    circadian wrote: »
    I done the upgrade last year or so. Done it this time and was charged €12.99 instead of €1 but it worked. My account says next charge is August 2023. So I guess the upgrade is avail be just not for €1 if you've done it before.

balfe1990 wrote: »
    This is exactly what I did a couple of weeks back too

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

where does one find good deals on xbox live codes these days? I used to be able to get 12-months (some times 12+1 months) consistently below €40 on cdkeys and ebay but more like €45-47 on average the last few times... is that the going rate?

as its been removed it does appear to be, a number of people have also reported issues with regions sent by cd keys so i just went to smyths to save the hassle ( first time i paid more than 50 for xbox in over a decade probably)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

as its been removed it does appear to be, a number of people have also reported issues with regions sent by cd keys so i just went to smyths to save the hassle ( first time i paid more than 50 for xbox in over a decade probably)

It clearly shows the region on CDKEYS

it does indeed and most should of worked in ireland but people had issues with worldwide and eu codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

it does indeed and most should of worked in ireland but people had issues with worldwide and eu codes
    yep, I can confirm this

I ordered 3 years worth from kinguin but they asked for photo id so I got it refunded and bought them from cdkeys instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

i still have 13 months left of live+game pass. So once I've extended Live by using a 12-month code, how do i go about converting it to game pass for €12.99?

general Q: can I use this to download PC games on my desktop?

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    i still have 13 months left of live+game pass. So once I've extended Live by using a 12-month code, how do i go about converting it to game pass for €12.99?

*waits patiently to see the answer to this*

yoshimitsu wrote: »

general Q: can I use this to download PC games on my desktop?

as far as i am aware you need to wait untill all your live is gone before you can add the other 12 month code.

if you add it now it will only ad 3 months of gamepass ultimate

general question is yeah you can download games to desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

as far as i am aware you need to wait untill all your live is gone before you can add the other 12 month code.

if you add it now it will only ad 3 months of gamepass ultimate

general question is yeah you can download games to desktop

You can add all you like. I had Xbox Live up as far February 2022 and just added another 12 months with the extra month for turning on auto renew to bring it up to March 2023.

Then added the Ultimate offer for €1 to give me that until April 2023.

I had been on the previous Ultimate €1 offer until February this year when I cancelled it. Been checking recently and it kept giving me the €12.99 price until day when it quoted €1 so went for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bucks73 wrote: »
    You can add all you like. I had Xbox Live up as far February 2022 and just added another 12 months with the extra month for turning on auto renew to bring it up to March 2023.

Then added the Ultimate offer for €1 to give me that until April 2023.

I had been on the previous Ultimate €1 offer until February this year when I cancelled it. Been checking recently and it kept giving me the €12.99 price until day when it quoted €1 so went for it again.

No you are wrong on both counts. The maximum amount of Live you can stack is 3 years.

Also the other person already has game pass. They need to let that run out or cancel it, stack Live and then convert.

If you convert live when you have Game Pass already the 12 month live code will convert to 3 months of Game Pass.

So what I'm getting is, if you already have Live AND Game Pass already.

1. Cancel your current Game Pass.
    2. Extend your Live out to a maximum of 3 years.
    3. Upgrade to Ultimate, which may ost you €1 or €12.99.

Is that the long and the short of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No you are wrong on both counts. The maximum amount of Live you can stack is 3 years.

Also the other person already has game pass. They need to let that run out or cancel it, stack Live and then convert.

If you convert live when you have Game Pass already the 12 month live code will convert to 3 months of Game Pass.

Aah I didnt read the xbox live+gamepass. Cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RunningHorse

Just to add my experience as I've been meaning to do this for a while. I used kinguin as it had the cheapest keys I could see for brazil at the moment, 3 years of brazil live cost about 66 quid. Honey extension got me a little extra of the codes with the code MIDWEEK. I'd already used the trial for ultimate so cost 12.99 to upgrade and now I'm covered till 2023. Guides on using the brazil codes are easy to find, just need a vpn. I bought one code at a time off kinguin in case there were any issues so I wasn't out the full 66 euro. Long story short game pass ultimate for under 30 quid a year isn't too bad, under the cost of a new game and with xbox releasing their own releases on day one to game pass it makes it worthwhile.

Advertisement