Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer/Autumn/Sometime this year Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Looks like Havertz won't be EPL bound, Bayern collecting more young German talent.

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1268132945900044288

I think I had said as much previously, always thought it was an obvious destination for him. He is brilliant though in fairness. Would love to see him in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Probably only trying to quicken the possible arrival of Werner.
    It's going to be interesting what will happen with pre contracts, dates, extensions etc given how things might change over the the next month or two with form and injuries too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Madrid want Sancho and they also want to wait till 2021.
    Real Madrid have Sancho on their minds as more of a longer-term project. They are thinking of the summer of 2021 with no major signings due to be made this year.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/06/03/football/1591167691_956768.html

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Probably only trying to quicken the possible arrival of Werner.
    It's going to be interesting what will happen with pre contracts, dates, extensions etc given how things might change over the the next month or two with form and injuries too.

Werner is a cert to join Liverpool, Leipzig want €60 million and are holding out for that. Any stories linking him with a move elsewhere are just that,they are a bargaining chip to push Liverpool into action.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd be surprised if that's true and he retires a Real Madrid player. He'd make a load in USA/Qatar/China

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Werner to Chelsea picking up a LOT of steam this evening, with reports of a 5 year contract agreed, and Chelsea willing to active his buy out shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Werner to Chelsea picking up a LOT of steam this evening, with reports of a 5 year contract agreed, and Chelsea willing to active his buy out shortly.

Just saw it was confirmed on twitter.

How the hell did that happen

• Just saw it was confirmed on twitter.

How the hell did that happen

Reading earlier apparently he was all set for Liverpool

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/06/04/werner-has-agreed-personal-terms-of-140k-w-deal-is-effectively-done-ian-mcgarry/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That's a massive signing for Chelsea if they pull it off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Wasn't he 100% going to Liverpool. I thought that was as much of a sure thing as them winning the league.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Werner is a cert to join Liverpool, Leipzig want €60 million and are holding out for that. Any stories linking him with a move elsewhere are just that,they are a bargaining chip to push Liverpool into action.

From a cert to join Liverpool to a 5 year contract at Chelsea in the space of a few hours. Football transfers, you gotta love them!

Disappointed if we don't get him. would be a fine signing for Chelsea.

• When is he technically allowed to play for Chelsea if it goes through?

When is he technically allowed to play for Chelsea if it goes through?

I presume he has to stay till the German league is over, unless they arrange sonething else.

Credit to Chelsea
    Ziyech and Werner for under 100m is some business. Flexing their muscle early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The Chelsea attack needs a boost in the biggest way. I don't think the Werner signing elevates them to Man City/Liverpool level but it could cement them as best of the rest and with Ziyech going there too it gives Lampard far more options to play with. Werner could make a big difference to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

When is he technically allowed to play for Chelsea if it goes through?

Not till next season. Regardless what happens with lapsing contract dates etc, he can’t be registered to play in the PL without a registration window opening - which it doesn’t look like it will until after these 9 games are played out. Same as Ziyech, despite the Eredivisie being finished, and him already being a Chelsea owned player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Chelsea should get top 4 next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,125 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought it was a done deal and he had actually signed a pre contract with Liverpool already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought it was a done deal and he had actually signed a pre contract with Liverpool already!

Liverpool never bid for him. Were interested but not for that price (and wage) apparently.

Chelsea prepared to pay it so get the player.

pjohnson wrote: »

Don't remember seeing it written anywhere as a done deal, apart from random Twitter folk hoping to be proved right post signing.
    All the talk was Liverpool, sure, from both sides, no other club really got mentioned.
    But it was only that, talk. No contract anywhere to be seen and I don't even think an official bid was ever made.

The two Chelsea signings are exactly what they needed. If they bed in well, Chelsea will certainly be more of a force.

Major signings don't always bed in though, as we all know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

great business from Chelsea in fairness.

is the transfer window as normal does anyone know? the article doesnt say, only that the ajax fella is joining on 01/07/2020

is the transfer window as normal does anyone know? the article doesnt say, only that the ajax fella is joining on 01/07/2020

Is that more to do with the Dutch league bring deemed completed now?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    From a cert to join Liverpool to a 5 year contract at Chelsea in the space of a few hours. Football transfers, you gotta love them!

Disappointed if we don't get him. would be a fine signing for Chelsea.

Have Liverpool any money? The pandemic is hitting clubs finances hard. Everyone knew that they were holding out to get him on the cheap but money talks.

Have Liverpool any money? The pandemic is hitting clubs finances hard. Everyone knew that they were holding out to get him on the cheap but money talks.

Considering they were going to furlough staff, they might have to do a Spurs and borrow money to make signings

Correct, money always talks. I reckon 200k wages might have something to do with it. Guess Liverpool didn't want to pay that much for a player that would not be an automatic starter. He probably will be an automatic starter with Chelsea and the extra gametime might have suited him.
    brinty wrote: »
    Considering they were going to furlough staff, they might have to do a Spurs and borrow money to make signings

Possibly but I doubt it- maybe if they are buying someone for over 100m I reckon. Which is doubtful as that might be too much of a gamble in case in went wrong, which happens of course.
    The big money they have spent have largely been successes.
    If they are going to buy poorly, I would prefer it was for lower money, as would any fan of any club I think.
    What will be interesting is how much they get for the players leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Shows why the Chelsea players were right to reject a pay cut.

Disgusting Chelsea would ask them or any staff then go pay over 50million and offer werner 200k a week, according to reports.

• Advertisement

Liverpool, if they committed money to the new stand, should regard that as a sunk cost.

put that money into the team, the stadium will take care of itself in 2-3 (or 5-6 or whatever) years. if they dont continue to move forward, they'll get passed out.

it happened arsenal and the emirates. granted, they didnt anticipate Chelsea and city, but i think the point still stands. secure the team, the rest should come later.

Advertisement