Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

'sake!!!

Big opportunity missed, defence shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Shambolic accros the board, fuming 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Beat City, beat Leicester, lose to West Ham. All very Chelsea.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

The '3' logo on the new jersey tonight has turned out to be very apt: 3 goals conceded ... and no 3 points!

Not a magic number for us tonight. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

well what a kick in the balls that was , the 2 cb's stood off a single centre forward all night , no leader between them , one had to get tight to him all night and west ham have nothing , antonio bullied them both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    well what a kick in the balls that was , the 2 cb's stood off a single centre forward all night , no leader between them , one had to get tight to him all night and west ham have nothing , antonio bullied them both

Made him look like Drogba. That last goal, Christensen does nothing to hassle antonio, then gets caught in two minds, then rudiger is in no mans land and doesn't commit either to the man or the offside trap. He then gets back and waaay overruns it and more or less concedes the goal.

The corner was a joke again and it's costing us points regularly at this stage, that's got to be priority number one now. We're playing decent ball, we've got attacking improvements coming but I can't see any improvements at all in the set piece defending. Last night Rudiger is sitting doing nothing, Azpi is marking their tallest guy and completely lets him get the run on him. Kante is at some fault too, should be clearing out the guy in front of Kepa to at least give him a chance to come and do something.

hots wrote: »
    Made him look like Drogba. That last goal, Christensen does nothing to hassle antonio, then gets caught in two minds, then rudiger is in no mans land and doesn't commit either to the man or the offside trap. He then gets back and waaay overruns it and more or less concedes the goal.

The corner was a joke again and it's costing us points regularly at this stage, that's got to be priority number one now. We're playing decent ball, we've got attacking improvements coming but I can't see any improvements at all in the set piece defending. Last night Rudiger is sitting doing nothing, Azpi is marking their tallest guy and completely lets him get the run on him. Kante is at some fault too, should be clearing out the guy in front of Kepa to at least give him a chance to come and do something.

a john terry , ricardo carvallo would have kicked him on the half way line and given away a foul that didn't matter , these 2 let him do what he wanted

peteeeed wrote: »
    a john terry , ricardo carvallo would have kicked him on the half way line and given away a foul that didn't matter , these 2 let him do what he wanted

I can't remember who I said it to but you could have had terry playing on a broken leg last night and we wouldn't have conceded at least 2 of their goals. Just organisation and telling christensen exactly what to do would make a difference, unfortunately, all 4 of our CBs kind of fit that role of "he'd be good beside a leader"

Although I actually don't mind the shirts this year, if the ones shown are the real deal that is,

BUT if they are genuine it means we have a royal blue home shirt, a light blue away shirt and a red and blue third shirt. I think whoever is designing the shirts is kind of missing the point of alternative kits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Home shirt looks like a pyjama top my lad would have had, away shirt is a fabric option in an Peugeot 106 Man City Special Edition swatch and the 3rd shirt, if it's the red and blue thing, is Palace cosplay. Nike are fcukin hopeless.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Alonso and Rudiger dropped with mistakes cause of the winner helping with that you'd imagine

Barkley still playing despite doing fcuk all against West Ham, I'd much rather see a dynamic RLC or Jorginho who can control the game from deep at least and pass a ball, he's fallen out of favour altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Comfortable 2-0 at half time. I think Willian really needs to be kept, still a class player and really need his experience next season. I know many don’t agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Johner wrote: »
    Comfortable 2-0 at half time. I think Willian really needs to be kept, still a class player and really need his experience next season. I know many don’t agree.

I always thought willian was decent enough. Why is there a dislike to him by ye?

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I always thought willian was decent enough. Why is there a dislike to him by ye?

Personally I’ve always loved Willian but I guess people will point to his stats not being that great. I think he brings more though. With the squad and team being so young I think it would be vital to have someone like him for the next few years but it looks like he will leave. I think he’d still add to any squad in the world.

AidoEirE wrote: »

A fan from outside will see the good half a dozen appearances on Match of the Day and think he's top class

Not near consistent enough. On his day top class, trouble is it's only on his day. There's two dozen players in the PL like him

He's been very good since the return, that's undeniable. I can see the calls for him to be kept next season.

32 in August, however his days are numbered in any case, and I don't think he'd be a good rotation or squad player next season should he really go off the boil. He's rarely been a good sub to bring on, always has a pout and doesn't try half as much as when starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Johner wrote: »
    Personally I’ve always loved Willian but I guess people will point to his stats not being that great. I think he brings more though. With the squad and team being so young I think it would be vital to have someone like him for the next few years but it looks like he will leave. I think he’d still add to any squad in the world.

I could see inter going in for him or has there been any rumours where he would end up? but yeah i'd agree with you Johner, with Zyiech coming in next season it wouldnt hurt to have that expierence with willian as a bit part player.

Ye've done some brilliant buisness in Zyiech and Werner.

Edit: Pulisic looks very good as well. Could be a dangerous front 3 for ye next season

Good result and more importantly a good response to the last game.

Good result and a really good performance, not a bad performance out there

• Advertisement

Jorginho surely has to be a goner. Gilmour starting over him in a crunch game isnt a good sign for him

Jammy win. Nearly need a whole new back 4 you’d think. Christensen is absolutely awful, don’t know how anyone rates him. Soft as ****e.

Made that way way tougher than it needed to be. Very shaky once teams get at us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Jorginho surely has to be a goner. Gilmour starting over him in a crunch game isnt a good sign for him

Was going to reply good riddance before the game but I cant believe we would have come away with 3 points without him.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Was going to reply good riddance before the game but I cant believe we would have come away with 3 points without him.

Yep he came in good in the end

It just looks like we're now going a direction that means he doesn't fit in, the 3 man midfield looks to be more along the lines of 1 holding and 2 more attacking guys, as opposed to the Sarri esque built around Jorginho of 1 deep lying playmaker and 2 box to box mids

Next season could look something like
    Holding - Kante/Gilmour
    2 Attacking - Mount/Barkley/Kovacic/RLC

And that's before a potential Havertz

Gives us many different options depending on the opponent

Leicester are really bottling this run in!

Killinator wrote: »
    Leicester are really bottling this run in!

Real pity we didnt get the 3 points against West Ham and we'd have some daylight now

Most of our remaining games are all tough in their own way

Sheffield United away - Need a strong finish to get Europa
    Norwich home - Hopefully relegated but if not they'll be fighting for their lives
    Liverpool away - Who knows, if the points record is still in reach then they;ll be tough
    Wolves - Could still be in the top 4 fight, maybe top 5 fight if City's ban is held up

Real pity we didnt get the 3 points against West Ham and we'd have some daylight now

Most of our remaining games are all tough in their own way

Sheffield United away - Need a strong finish to get Europa
    Norwich home - Hopefully relegated but if not they'll be fighting for their lives
    Liverpool away - Who knows, if the points record is still in reach then they;ll be tough
    Wolves - Could still be in the top 4 fight, maybe top 5 fight if City's ban is held up

We're so jekyll and hyde at the moment we could take 3 points or 10 from those and I wouldn't be shocked.

• Advertisement

This is how I see the remaining fixtures going,

Sheffield United - draw
    Norwich - win
    Liverpool - loss
    Wolves - win

67pts

United’s

Aston Villa - win
    Southampton - win
    Palace - draw
    West Ham - win
    Leicester - draw

66pts

Leicester’s

Bournemouth - win
    Sheffield United - win
    Tottenham - loss
    Man United - draw

66pts

I think with United playing Leicester on the last day we should be in the top 4 but as pointed out nothing would surprise me with our defence. Going down to the wire anyway.

Advertisement