Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appliances Delivered.ie - any experiences - this one is not good

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dok_golf wrote: »
    Just to add my tuppence worth,today, Tuesday, I finally received delivery of the dishwasher that was due to be delivered last Friday ( rang at 5.00pm Friday evening to discover the machine had never left the depot ). On opening the package, I discovered a huge crack running from one side to the other on the top of the machine. Today, is the second day I have had to take off work in order to take delivery. On top of all that, I cannot now use my kitchen sink as the water just flows out where the dishwasher was attached and as I now don't have any dishwasher, so there is a considerable hygiene issue. I contacted Appliancesdelivered.ie twice. They refused to cover the cost of a plumber to come out to blank off the sink so water won't just pour on the floor, nor would they allow me to hook up the drainage hose of the faulty machine, which would have saved the cost of a plumber. They eventually offered to replace the dodgy machine next Thursday. At no stage, would they even offer to make a gesture of goodwill for all the inconvenience caused. Word of warning to everyone, Appliancesdelivered are cheap for a reason ( they also charge 40 euro delivery). Methinks a date will be set with the Small Claims Court.

To be fair I don't think they should pay for a plumber either, it's very simple to block up the dishwasher outlet to a sink drain and it certainly doesn't require a plumber.

Other very simple options (if you aren't capable of buying a simple fitting and screwing it on yourself) include stick a bucket under the outlet or connect the old dishwasher outlet pipe and direct it into a bucket etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

.........getting a little rep for themselves now, aren't they ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

galwaytt wrote: »
    .........getting a little rep for themselves now, aren't they ?

Their owners reputation precedes them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

L1011 wrote: »
    Their owners reputation precedes them also.

Who are their owners?

Sounds like we will be hearing a bit about Appliances Delivered.ie on the Liveline in the new year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

robo wrote: »
    Who are their owners?
    Our Story
    AppliancesDelivered.ie was originally BuyAndSell.ie an Irish owned company, based in Dublin. Established in 1991, it was originally a print-based classified publication. BuyAndSell.ie launched its first website in 1998, and in 2014 transformed to an online only business.

Ireland has changed greatly since we first launched our printed classifieds magazine. With the advances of the internet and the move to selling online grows we are changing with the times. As the online market in Ireland grows we are constantly evolving with it. Consumers want choice and the best value and this is what we deliver.

With our online appliance store and our Price Match Promise we are making appliance shopping easy for you. Choose from our large selection of appliances and goods and be confident in our prices, then simply wait for your appliances to be delivered straight to your door.

In January 2016, we decided to change our name to reflect the direction our business has taken and AppliancesDelivered.ie was launched.

I used them with no issues, were cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Cabaal wrote: »
    To be fair I don't think they should pay for a plumber either, it's very simple to block up the dishwasher outlet to a sink drain and it certainly doesn't require a plumber.

Other very simple options (if you aren't capable of buying a simple fitting and screwing it on yourself) include stick a bucket under the outlet or connect the old dishwasher outlet pipe and direct it into a bucket etc.

Can't connect the old dishwasher drainage hose as that was taken away when the new machine was delivered. To add to the story, the replacement dishwasher was meant to be here today. The guy in Appliances Delivered swore to me that he would arrange with the courier to make mine, the first delivery of the day so I wouldn't miss more time off work. By 11:30 this morning, still no sign. Rand cust service who said they would check with the delivery company and get back to me immediately. At 12:30 I rang back and was put on hold for 20 min. They then told me the machine was out for delivery and would be there before days end. "What happened to the early delivery"? I asked. They had no idea. 16:30 this evening, still no sign. Rang cust service again. This time , I got the name of the courier who I rang direct. They had no record of my machine. Rang cust service again, on hold this time for 15 min. They then said there was a mix up over the order number, and my machine hadn't actually left the depot at all. They then told me that it would be with me tomorrow but couldn't give a time. That would mean taking a 4th day off work in 6 days???? I told them to shove it, but it gets better, they won't refund me until I return the broken machine ( the one they wouldn't let me hook up the drainage hose from to stop the water flooding my kitchen ) which is fair enough, but here's the kicker, they want me to wait at home next Monday until their courier can come and collect the broken new machine!!! Now, If there is anyone here who thinks that this represents good service, i would dearly like to hear from them.
    P.S. The reason I can't fit, what turned out to be a new dishwasher trap with a rubber bung in the drainage spout, is that I have nerve damage in my wrists and consequently have very little power to turn/tighten fittings.

dok_golf wrote: »
    Can't connect the old dishwasher drainage hose as that was taken away when the new machine was delivered. To add to the story, the replacement dishwasher was meant to be here today. The guy in Appliances Delivered swore to me that he would arrange with the courier to make mine, the first delivery of the day so I wouldn't miss more time off work. By 11:30 this morning, still no sign. Rand cust service who said they would check with the delivery company and get back to me immediately. At 12:30 I rang back and was put on hold for 20 min. They then told me the machine was out for delivery and would be there before days end. "What happened to the early delivery"? I asked. They had no idea. 16:30 this evening, still no sign. Rang cust service again. This time , I got the name of the courier who I rang direct. They had no record of my machine. Rang cust service again, on hold this time for 15 min. They then said there was a mix up over the order number, and my machine hadn't actually left the depot at all. They then told me that it would be with me tomorrow but couldn't give a time. That would mean taking a 4th day off work in 6 days???? I told them to shove it, but it gets better, they won't refund me until I return the broken machine ( the one they wouldn't let me hook up the drainage hose from to stop the water flooding my kitchen ) which is fair enough, but here's the kicker, they want me to wait at home next Monday until their courier can come and collect the broken new machine!!! Now, If there is anyone here who thinks that this represents good service, i would dearly like to hear from them.
    P.S. The reason I can't fit, what turned out to be a new dishwasher trap with a rubber bung in the drainage spout, is that I have nerve damage in my wrists and consequently have very little power to turn/tighten fittings.

FFS, time for a solicitor. [snipped]

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I'm waiting on transcripts from all the conversations relating to this debacle and then I'm going to bring them to the small claims court. Costs 25 euro so on a hiding to nothing really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Thank goodness I saw this thread. I'm buying a new double oven in January and now know who to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Not a great start for these guys! I never understand these types of companies. They spend a fortune on marketing and then provide poor service.

It's not usually a good sign when visitor posts and reviews are disabled from a company's Facebook page!

• Advertisement

martyoo wrote: »
    Not a great start for these guys! I never understand these types of companies. They spend a fortune on marketing and then provide poor service.

It's not usually a good sign when visitor posts and reviews are disabled from a company's Facebook page!

Yes, I noticed that too.

<snip>

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Your friend is a landlord, so consumer legislation wouldn't apply here. He's a trader, so the only law he can probably rely on is the sale of goods act 1893. If you were a consumer, they would be seriously non-compliant though.

Sorry, didn't realise it was so long ago!

Lux23 wrote: »
    Your friend is a landlord, so consumer legislation wouldn't apply here. He's a trader, so the only law he can probably rely on is the sale of goods act 1893. If you were a consumer, they would be seriously non-compliant though.

Sorry, didn't realise it was so long ago!

What do you mean 'so long ago' - it was at end of October, and they've been railing against it since.

As for landlord, that's irrelevant - money was paid for goods of merchantable quality - they're not, and the service they provided was negligent. The status of the purchaser is completely irrelevant: [snipped].

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

galwaytt wrote: »
    What do you mean 'so long ago' - it was at end of October, and they've been railing against it since.

As for landlord, that's irrelevant - money was paid for goods of merchantable quality - they're not, and the service they provided was negligent. The status of the purchaser is completely irrelevant: what we have here is a crowd of bait & switch [snipped].

No, consumer legislation only applies in business to consumer transactions. If the item you buy is not for personal use as would be the case with a landlord he can't use consumer legislation. Contract law yes, but not consumer legislation.

Lux23 wrote: »
    No, consumer legislation only applies in business to consumer transactions. If the item you buy is not for personal use as would be the case with a landlord he can't use consumer legislation. Contract law yes, but not consumer legislation.

That may technically be the case but whether its treated as 'consumer' or 'other' won't protect you from some clown dropping a machine from a height and then deliberately hiding/masking it, and then the company that took your money abdicating any kind of responsibility.

That's the actual issue.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 3 benquinn101

I ordered from them last week, ordered Monday, received my machine Tuesday morning, no stress at all? Also customer service were pretty sound to me..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I ordered from them last week, ordered Monday, received my machine Tuesday morning, no stress at all? Also customer service were pretty sound to me..

If nothing went wrong you aren't going to get much experience of customer service, though. Its how companies react when something *does* go wrong that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Joined today and 3 posts in total, the third one is this. You don't know the owners by any chance? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

galwaytt, what happened in the end with your friend?

Wheety wrote: »
    galwaytt, what happened in the end with your friend?

Nothing yet - is trying to push it back through credit card company with a backcharge.

Retailer completely disengaged.

Bought a new hob for Christmas myself, made a point of going to a bricks & mortar shop locally. So doth one lives, one learns :P

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Had same decision to make during summer. New washer dryer. Thought about AD, I didn't pull the trigger at the time just because I heard another horror story from a neighbour dealing with them. Bought from actual shop so I have a face to go back to if something went wrong and it was still cheaper than AD. (Delivered and Fitted)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi galwaytt, AppliancesDelivered.ie has been in touch, so I'm posting the below on their behalf.
    Hi galwaytt,
    I’m sorry to hear about the experience of your colleague.

We have no records of this issue on our internal CRM system but we would love to assist further.

We would be happy to resolve this issue should you contact us directly on the below details.

Regards,
    AppliancesDelivered.ie Customer Support Team
    01-5312270

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bambi eyes

We had a problem with them . I posted this review on Trust Pilot today ( and their reply to same ) Avoid them like the plague

We bought a Montpelier washing machine from this company at the end of September last year . It started leaking after using it a few times so we contacted appliances delivered.ie . They won't fix it because we were using it in our small salon ( used it 5 or 6 times to wash towels ) and they told us in their terms and conditions that they don't have to repair it .
    It goes without saying we won't be using this company again . We have a brand new washing machine sitting there useless . At least you would have some comeback if you went to a store . Never again !!
    Patricia

0x0.png

Reply from AppliancesDelivered.ie

Published 108 minutes ago Hi Patricia,

Sorry you had a bad experience when ordering from us. However due to the fact that you used the machine, we cannot take it back, as you're aware. In all cases, we then assist you in troubleshooting, or returns (if necessary) with the manufacturer

However, due to the fact that the domestic appliance was used in a commercial property, the terms of the sale have been broken.

I'm sorry that you felt aggrieved by us, however this is the result of manufacturers policy.

Sincerely,

Stephen - AppliancesDelivered.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Jesus how crap is that washing machine if it only lasts 6 washes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

bambi eyes wrote: »
    We had a problem with them . I posted this review on Trust Pilot today ( and their reply to same ) Avoid them like the plague

We bought a Montpelier washing machine from this company at the end of September last year . It started leaking after using it a few times so we contacted appliances delivered.ie . They won't fix it because we were using it in our small salon ( used it 5 or 6 times to wash towels ) and they told us in their terms and conditions that they don't have to repair it .
    It goes without saying we won't be using this company again . We have a brand new washing machine sitting there useless . At least you would have some comeback if you went to a store . Never again !!
    Patricia

0x0.png

Reply from AppliancesDelivered.ie

Published 108 minutes ago Hi Patricia,

Sorry you had a bad experience when ordering from us. However due to the fact that you used the machine, we cannot take it back, as you're aware. In all cases, we then assist you in troubleshooting, or returns (if necessary) with the manufacturer

However, due to the fact that the domestic appliance was used in a commercial property, the terms of the sale have been broken.

I'm sorry that you felt aggrieved by us, however this is the result of manufacturers policy.

Sincerely,

Stephen - AppliancesDelivered.ie

So much bull on this post it's not even funny.
    nothing is preventing you from taking back the appliance except your piss poor attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Geez glad I read this thread. Will be looking for an oven this week but think I'll give them a miss now! Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bambi eyes

Reading other posters experience with them on this thread , you would get the impression that they look for get out clauses rather than having to fix the faulty appliance . The previous washing machine we had in the salon ( a Bosch ) must have been there at least 10 years , and this new one breaks after 2 months!.
    It would put you off buying something on line . The only recourse you have is through e mail or post , you cant just march into the store and speak to a manager . Or maybe this company are not typical of what you have to deal with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Saw an ad on TV for this crowd and was considering purchasing a washing machine. Thankfully, I came across this thread and will now go elsewhere. I've also advised my daughter not to purchase there either - she is in the market for a dryer. Poor customer service highlighted like it is here is a godsend for buyers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭worded

Is this a Dennis OBrian owned Company ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭worded

Used to be buy and sell .ie

https://www.appliancesdelivered.ie/services/our-story

I read a year ago in Wikipedia that the company www.buyandsell.ie sold for approx 20 million and then became Appliances direct after a time ....

Advertisement