Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered an album and received 20 (!)..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Discogs @ 30 a pop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Whats the album? Might take one :D

Its Boyzone your favourite

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Basq wrote: »

I'd be interested in one if your decision goes down that route

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

If you're selling them, I'm interested in one. :D

Wish it was something I’d be interested in but unfortunately not. It’s so easy to organize a courier these days- but the cost will likely erode any profit for the company so that’s why they’re so reluctant I’d say-and good luck trying to get a refund if sending them yourself-I’d say it will be months going back/forward with customer care, that’s a if they even have such a department so you’re doing the right thing.

Also just watch they don’t try and charge you OP Via credit card for the additional albums.

Give them a week to sort it then decide yourself what to do with the albums- like someone else said, I think this is a problem their processes just can’t handle and it’s easier for all that you just forget about it and do what you feel is best after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I'll throw my ring in the hat to purchase one at a discounted rate from you if you decide to go that route also!
    Haven't listened to anything after High Violet, which I loved, and Alligator and Boxer. Keep meaning to...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

A mass produced album will cost at most a euro to actually make a physical copy, the rest goes on advertising, cocaine , making the artist rich, making the record men rich and all sorts.

So them 20 records are worth about 20 dollars to the record company. If you arnt charged for them you can be dishonest and try sell them on adverts or be honest and destroy them.

did you quantum leap from the 80's?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Also just watch they don’t try and charge you OP Via credit card for the additional albums.
    Paid via Paypal so don’t know how easy it would be for them to charge given they’d need to request a payment I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Would be interested in a copy too if no resolution is found.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Get an accurate online quote from a courier to middlesex. Paypal me them the price and say if they don't want to pay you then you consider the matter closed and will be giving to charity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭mountain

I’ll be interested in a copy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Falling

Yeah, I think you've made an honest effort to sort it out.
    I'd probably email them one last time to say you're getting rid of the extras so that you have it in writing that you warned them and that they had a chance to sort it with you before that happened.

Mad, I went to buy that recently and it was sold out on the site I was looking at! Maybe you got them all :)

I'd buy one off you/ make a donation if you're dying to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Paid via Paypal so don’t know how easy it would be for them to charge given they’d need to request a payment I assume.

V difficult. Paypal usually sides with the buyer.

If there was any issue, just sent Paypal your emails. It's not your responsibility to fix their mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ALS

Would be interested in a copy too if no resolution is found.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

JayZeus wrote: »
    They're not the OP's to sell. That's why.

Not. Rocket. Science.

Are they his to destroy either?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Then your safe as they can’t charge anything further than what you authorised already regardless of the circumstances. You made the payment, they only receive it and don’t have any option to charge further or get your CC details etc

I personally wouldn’t bother even contacting them again, they know you have them and it’s up to them to get them collected if they want them back. They’ve probably already docked the wages of who ever messed up the order so aren’t at any loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

It could be a "Brushing" scam. Interested to see how the vendor responds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

GetWithIt wrote: »

WHat's a brushing scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

khalessi wrote: »
    WHat's a brushing scam?

What's a tracker mortgage? :D

Brushing is a deceitful technique sometimes used in e-commerce to boost a seller's ratings by creating fake orders.

Most e-commerce sites rate sellers by multiple criteria and display these seller ratings to customers. Since a good rating can boost sales, these ratings are very important to sellers. The number of items sold is usually an important factor in that rating. Brushing consists of generating fake orders to boost the rating.

A seller can do this by paying someone a small amount to place a fake order, or just using another person's information to place an order themselves.[4] Because a shipment usually has to take place for an order to be considered valid by the e-commerce site, the seller will frequently ship an empty box or some cheap item. These fake orders, if unnoticed, can boost the seller's rating, which can make it more likely that their items will appear at the top of search results on e-commerce sites

khalessi wrote: »
    WHat's a brushing scam?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushing_(e-commerce)

I think “brushing” is more a large number of shipments of low-value items across lots of addresses.

This was a single box containing 20 high-value items to a single address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

GetWithIt wrote: »

Not with 20 high value items going to the same person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've had a few issues with unwanted additional items being delivered over the years. A big online Irish hardware supplier delivered a box of plane blades when I had only ordered one blade, probably €110 worth. I emailed them and asked them what I should do- no reply. I followed up with another email and still no reply. That was 2 years ago, I have ordered other items from them since, no problems. I consider the other blades mine now.

Last year I ordered spare parts for the fridge freezer, from the (excellent) Irish agent. I was pleasantly surprised that spares were still available for a 12 year old appliance. Items arrived, all good. Two weeks later a duplicate order arrived, I contacted the supplier and they said to keep them!

I'd be reluctant to incur costs upfront to return unwanted items- reputable sellers have procedures in place ( mistakes happen, it's happened before) when things like this happen. When I have had ocassion to return items ( faulty, unwanted or wrong item dispatched) the seller has always emailed a return label that allowed me to return the item by post, at no cost to me. Why incur cost for someone else's mistake, once the item leaves your possession you've little hope of recouping your postal cost? Be honest, advise them of the error and wait for them to offer a reasonable remedy. Do not sell, destroy or give away items that do not (yet) belong to you.

UPS finally picking these up on Monday.

The company both indicated incorrect quantity of items and incorrect weight on shipping label / customs declaration. Emailed them back asking them to send me amended forms.

Mentioned this to UPS who rang me this morning too.

Ah well.. not my problem anymore.

Advertisement