Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This month's free games are now available to purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Damien360

This month's free games are now available to purchase

Cheers. Looking at discussion above, I shouldn't bother downloading them. Anyone want to tell me I should download ?

Edit: checked out YouTube of both. Definitely not for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Damien360 wrote: »
    Cheers. Looking at discussion above, I shouldn't bother downloading them. Anyone want to tell me I should download ?

Edit: checked out YouTube of both. Definitely not for me

Yeah, me neither

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Even if you don't intend to play them surely it makes sense to 'purchase' them. A friend might call over, nephews/nieces etc. Always good to have more options there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd get Street Fighter V and if you like it, when the unlock all content thingie goes on sale, get that.

I originally got it for local 2 player, when almost every character is locked it made the game pointless for me unless I got the unlock all content thingie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd get Street Fighter V and if you like it, when the unlock all content thingie goes on sale, get that.

I originally got it for local 2 player, when almost every character is locked it made the game pointless for me unless I got the unlock all content thingie.

Its the Champion Edition thats free on PS Plus right now.
    Is there an additional content pass that makes it even more worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Jacovs wrote: »
    Its the Champion Edition thats free on PS Plus right now.
    Is there an additional content pass that makes it even more worth it?

Is it not the base edition?

If its the championship edition i must get it, i still have characters i have to unlock pay for :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

bmorrissey wrote: »

If its the championship edition i must get it, i still have characters i have to unlock pay for :(

It's the base version. To unlock the rest you'll need to do the soulless grind, buy the character passes or the best option buy the Champions Edition upgrade when it goes back down in price.

bmorrissey wrote: »

Im fairly sure when I start up the game it says champion edition. Mind you i havent got past the tutorial yet so not sure what characters are playable or not. Will check again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jacovs wrote: »
    Im fairly sure when I start up the game it says champion edition. Mind you i havent got past the tutorial yet so not sure what characters are playable or not. Will check again later.

All users see that as the balance patches etc. apply to all versions. The Champions Edition dlc unlocks all the current characters and all their costumes(except Capcom Cup and promotional sets). Without purchasing the character passes or the CE set you will only have access to the original 16 characters unless you unlock them with fight money.

• Advertisement

All users see that as the balance patches etc. apply to all versions. The Champions Edition dlc unlocks all the current characters and all their costumes(except Capcom Cup and promotional sets). Without purchasing the character passes or the CE set you will only have access to the original 16 characters unless you unlock them with fight money.

Ah okay. Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HomeBoyDeluxe

I have been getting the "PS4 Error Code CE-36329-3" for the last week now, I think it started after the last season update of Modern Warfare. I tried various fixes and just did a factory reset, the problem persists. I think I might have to replace the HDD. How unlucky it happened before I get the PS5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sorry to hear that. You've probably tried all this it's simply turn everything on and off again, redownload system software and if all else fails initialise the PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U73cm4c30Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was looking through purchased games earlier in library and noticed something,is Driveclub the only semi realistic track racer we have gotten on plus?

Dirt Rally is there and I like that but talking more of a track racer,when I think about it its a bit weird we haven't got something like Projrct Cars 1 or Gran Turismo.

I may have just missed those months though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Did we not get some version of GT? Can't remember, but I'm sure we did, but ages back. Maybe I bought it... The PS+ DriveClub was the one with a few cars and tracks I think, so don't think I'm mixing it up with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Did we not get some version of GT? Can't remember, but I'm sure we did, but ages back. Maybe I bought it... The PS+ DriveClub was the one with a few cars and tracks I think, so don't think I'm mixing it up with that.

I could have sworn GT was on plus as well but I dont have it:(

EoinHef wrote: »
    I could have sworn GT was on plus as well but I dont have it:(

It was one of the rumoured ones for May or June recently but was changed

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭TinCanMan

So what version of COD will be in next months PS Plus games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

TinCanMan wrote: »
    So what version of COD will be in next months PS Plus games?

Is Infinite War the only one left ?

Anyway, following their recent habit of putting the same game in both plus and now (and seeing as I got it free twice on PC recently) Watchdogs 2 is a good bet.

Niska wrote: »

Anyway, following their recent habit of putting the same game in both plus and now (and seeing as I got it free twice on PC recently) Watchdogs 2 is a good bet.

And with legion out next month it would make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I would hope with the ramp up to PS5, we get another big-hitter alongside it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wow, this game is 4 weeks away!
    Why'd I think it was next year?

As for PS Plus, hoping for a good month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Niska wrote: »

If you aren't wishing death upon your character and all of his friends within the first 2 hours you might enjoy it :D

And with Watch Dogs 2 on PS Now it even makes more sense

Watch DOgs 2 was on sale recently, I hope it isn't as I brought it on that sale

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭TinCanMan

Now this is a good month. I'll definitely be giving both of these a try. :)

Who doesn't want to be a vampyr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have Payback through EA Access already, fairly good game to get off you don't have access.

I loved Vampyr, such a great system where every npc has a name and storyline. You can kill them all for quick xp and upgrades or spare them all. You can also Help through their story quests and heal them to improve their blood and their xp and then kill them to get huge boosts.

• Advertisement

Thats cool, I have EA Access so need for speed isn't any different but Vampyr is always a game ive been on the fence about picking up. Nice one

Just realised this vampire game isn't the one that there's a next-gen sequel announced for (that's Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2). But checked out a quick gameplay video and might be worth a quick playthrough.

NFS Payback is a decent game to get, but not sure I'll bother.

Actually what's the deal with access and plus. I don't plan on renewing my access in November but would like to hold onto payback through plus. Is there a way to add it to plus?

Aw crap, i thought it was the newest nfs which is alright. Payback is the biggest load of **** ever. Wow that would put you off the series, weird move.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually what's the deal with access and plus. I don't plan on renewing my access in November but would like to hold onto payback through plus. Is there a way to add it to plus?

I'd imagine you can still add it to your library from the PS Store when it becomes available on PS+, even though the option to buy might not be there currently (to ensure you don't buy it when you already have it through Access).

Im in the same scenario as you, im not too sure, i assume if you download it while EA access is active, you will not have access to it once you cancel your subscription, i could be wrong however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno if said here or the PS5 thread, but wonder what they'll do in November. Will all those games they announced be for PS4 as well.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dunno if said here or the PS5 thread, but wonder what they'll do in November. Will all those games they announced be for PS4 as well.

Given the backwards compatibility, I imagine PS+ will continue with two PS4 games (but which are playable on PS5 as well), and maybe add a small indie-type PS5 game each month too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Another PS Now game in Vampyr, that’s my sub for Now cancelled anyway. Pointless if they are just going to show up on Plus like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You can't.

It's a total shambles and utter bullshït. I wanted to keep Battlefront or whatever game was a PS Plus game recently but I had Access. Couldn't download it under PS Plus as it had an Access tag on it. I requested it be added to my plus collection with PlayStation support with no joy.

Their response was:

"Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid it isn't possible for us to change the license, it would be necessary to wait for your subscription to expire so that you can access the other version.

Let me know if you have any other questions."

Jaysus, that's shyte. Between plus, ps now and ea Access, there's too much crossover and when there's little support like above, very little motivation to keep now or access. I keep plus purely for online, the odd time i am.

• Advertisement

I want to shoot real people (but in a videogame) so the online bit of plus is necessary for me. I'm really not that bothered about the free games or at least that's what I thought until Bloodborne happened.
    That is pretty poor though about the Now / Plus conflict.

You can't.

It's a total shambles and utter bullshït. I wanted to keep Battlefront or whatever game was a PS Plus game recently but I had Access. Couldn't download it under PS Plus as it had an Access tag on it. I requested it be added to my plus collection with PlayStation support with no joy.

Their response was:

"Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid it isn't possible for us to change the license, it would be necessary to wait for your subscription to expire so that you can access the other version.

I had the same and got the same reply when Sims 4 was on Plus and I already had it installed on Access. Got the same reply as you. But I kept at it and asked for it to be escalated. Eventually they changed the license to Plus. From then on I make sure if a game is announced for Plus thats also on Access then I delete the Access version if I have it installed, and add the Plus version once it becomes available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Penn wrote: »
    Given the backwards compatibility, I imagine PS+ will continue with two PS4 games (but which are playable on PS5 as well), and maybe add a small indie-type PS5 game each month too.

I mean all those games they announced in the showcase with GoW and all as part of the PSplus collection
    From what I see online, it seems they'll be PS5 only and can't be played in PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The crossover is a piss take. They can shove both subs up their hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A meh from me. At least it has a somewhat good game in it this month. The crossover between Plus/Now/Access is crap though. As said above, that NFS is crap. I tried Vampyr but couldn't get into it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can't.

Their response was:

"Thanks for your reply.

I got the same response. Fairly petty out of Sony, TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

The crossover between Plus/Now/Access is crap though.

This x100. Seems like its every month at this stage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree that the crossover is getting very annoying! I've already played Vampyr through PS Now and don't have much interest in Need For Speed.

I don't play online so I only have Plus for the games and the discounts.

It would make far more sense to join to the two subs together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Haven't played Vampyr but heard good things so happy with that, NFS can eat a dick though.

I think the Now/PS+ thing is a bit of a damned if they do, damned if they don't. PS Now needs a lot of games on it to be worth it and to compete with Gamepass, but trying to find decent games for PS+ that aren't also on Now is likely difficult.

Ultimately, your PS+ subscription is for playing online, the free games, discounts, and the other features (cloud storage etc). PS Now is for streaming/downloading the catalogue of free games. But the PS+ games are always an unknown, and most months I've either already played them or have little-to-no interest in them.

I don't think it's unfair that some of the games are already on PS Now. It definitely sucks when they're games you already have (whether through having already bought and played it or having it through PS Now), but I don't know if I could class it as unfair on Sony's part, because if you have PS Now you have largely unfettered access to a huge amount of games which aren't on PS+, and the PS+ is primarily for online play (with the free games being a bonus each month).

What Sony should do is offer a joint subscription service which covers both. It'd get far more people onto PS Now as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement