Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 randomly turning on

Options
  • 02-09-2020 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

So my ps4 has randomly switched itself on a few times. It's not in rest mode it's completely off with only my external hd plugged in.
    Anyone ever have anything like this happen??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You must have a ghost in the house who likes playing it lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

sean1141 wrote: »
    So my ps4 has randomly switched itself on a few times. It's not in rest mode it's completely off with only my external hd plugged in.
    Anyone ever have anything like this happen??

Yep happened to me. Sounds like disk eject issue.

Is there a disk in it at the time of turning on? If not try inserting a disk, turn it off and wait for it to happen. If it's ejected when it turns on you have the disk eject issue.

I had it and the only way I could fix it was by opening the PS4 and putting tape over the eject button (gold plated sensor). I tried everything else to fix it, but that was the only thing that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

There is a disk in it. It's not being ejected

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

sean1141 wrote: »
    There is a disk in it. It's not being ejected

Definitely ghosts then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Faulty controller or possibly something in your power management settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do you have another power cable to try? Google seems to think that could be a cause. Or a faulty HDD. Does it happen if the external HDD is disconnected?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,847 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PS4 does this randomly as well. It's the dodgy power button on the system. PS4 is as usual for Sony not the best made so not a whole lot you can do about it if it's out of warranty.

Advertisement