Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller problems

Options
  • 27-08-2020 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Hi. Not sure if I'm in the right section.

Ps4 controller won't work unless plugged in. If I plug out the cable it dies after about 3 seconds. Shows up as charging on the ps4 but no matter how long I leave it charging it will die after being plugged out.
    Message pops up on screen saying battery low recharge or something similar.
    I tried resetting the controller.
    I tried different cables.
    I got a new battery and fitted that and it's still the same.
    Controller is maybe 2 years old and was well minded.

Any ideas of what else to try or is it just time for a new one?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Are you using the PS4 to charge it or a phone charger? Some phone chargers with turbo charge can mess up the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Are you using the PS4 to charge it or a phone charger? Some phone chargers with turbo charge can mess up the battery.

Always used the ps4.
    I have replaced the battery and charged it with the ps4 but still the same.

sean1141 wrote: »
    Always used the ps4.
    I have replaced the battery and charged it with the ps4 but still the same.

Not sure so, you should be able to source a new USB charging port for a couple of quid. Might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

When I plug it in it shows it charging on the ps4. Hardly be the port then?

I certainly wouldn't rule it out just because the PS4 thinks it's charging.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-PS4-Controller-USB-Charging-Port-Socket-Circuit-Board-Ribbon-Cable-/172644348502

£1.59 from that link, not sure about P&P but there's a chance it could work. If you do go with this just be careful as there's a couple of different board types and link might not be the same as yours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement