Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket Arena

Options
  • 14-07-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

This released today.

Seems to be €26 from what I can see.

Looks like a FTP game. Would have given it a go if it was out of curiosity but not sure at that price tbh.

Anyone buy in and play it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This released today.

Seems to be €26 from what I can see.

Looks like a FTP game. Would have given it a go if it was out of curiosity but not sure at that price tbh.

Anyone buy in and play it yet?

Haven't heard of it until today. Looks like Smash Bros but in 3D. Could be a fun little game but I'd probably hang off until it's had a while to settle in and see if people are still enjoying it. Price drop to at least €20 wouldn't hurt it either I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Penn wrote: »
    Haven't heard of it until today. Looks like Smash Bros but in 3D. Could be a fun little game but I'd probably hang off until it's had a while to settle in and see if people are still enjoying it. Price drop to at least €20 wouldn't hurt it either I think.

It’s smash with rockets essentially. And I’d agree looks fun.

€20 feels a little more attractive alright but still not sure I’d it looks like anything more than FTP

It’s just that fortnite look that’s throwing me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Am enjoying it I've played for about an hour there its a decent enough wee game, I got it for 27euro as I have EA Access..

Would have done alot better being FTP though tbh

This game is gonna die i reckon unless its on EA Access, they just gave me 3000 rocket fuel which is technically 30euro worth so I believe this will be on EA Access sooner rather than later...

Really enjoying it though, bought the battlepass with cash which is annoying since I only got the rocket fuel today..

Am aiming to platinum it but its a long grind..

Just FYI sorry for triple post its appearing as 5.09euro now for those of you interested..

I got shafted..

• Advertisement

Just FYI sorry for triple post its appearing as 5.09euro now for those of you interested..

I got shafted..

You really did get shafted. Thankfully I held off.

I’ve heard it was a last min decision by EA to not go the FTP route with it. Poor decision. They got it so right with the Apex launch and then messed it all up with this.

€5 will get more people in but the sooner it goes FTP the better to fill the servers.

Outside of the greed by EA you have to give it to the devs. There’s a lot of love gone into this. From the characters, to the arenas, to the game types.

Overall there’s plenty of fun to be had here. Don’t be put off by EA’s dropping of the ball. At a fiver it’s definitely worth picking up.

You really did get shafted. Thankfully I held off.

I’ve heard it was a last min decision by EA to not go the FTP route with it. Poor decision. They got it so right with the Apex launch and then messed it all up with this.

€5 will get more people in but the sooner it goes FTP the better to fill the servers.

Outside of the greed by EA you have to give it to the devs. There’s a lot of love gone into this. From the characters, to the arenas, to the game types.

Overall there’s plenty of fun to be had here. Don’t be put off by EA’s dropping of the ball. At a fiver it’s definitely worth picking up.

Honestly think its gonna die before it goes FTP and even then FTP will probably not save it..

Good game but to actually crap on the people that supported is ridiculous, especially after 2 weeks.. Giving me 3000 rocket fuel after I spend another 10euro in cash to buy the season pass before it started was annoying...

Honestly think its gonna die before it goes FTP and even then FTP will probably not save it..

Good game but to actually crap on the people that supported is ridiculous, especially after 2 weeks.. Giving me 3000 rocket fuel after I spend another 10euro in cash to buy the season pass before it started was annoying...

Personally I think ftp would save it.

It’s a fun game at its core. People just need a chance to try it.

Advertisement