Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary edition - serious lag playing online!

Options
  • 14-02-2021 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Bought this to play online matches, but wow, it's basically unplayable due to the lag.

Played about 10-15 matches and with a good internet connection. The lag is horrific, the sound oscillates in and out, and the gameplay moves at about 50% of the speed.

Some matches were better than others but all were dreadful.

Is this a standard thing, or maybe it's an off-day for the online service? It's the first online game I've played on the switch so I'm wondering is it the same for most online games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

newboard wrote: »
    Bought this to play online matches, but wow, it's basically unplayable due to the lag.

Played about 10-15 matches and with a good internet connection. The lag is horrific, the sound oscillates in and out, and the gameplay moves at about 50% of the speed.

Some matches were better than others but all were dreadful.

Is this a standard thing, or maybe it's an off-day for the online service? It's the first online game I've played on the switch so I'm wondering is it the same for most online games?

Some games are ok such as mario kart as this doesn't need to sync every key press. The game can predict and make corrections plus it'll always get current positions. Also stuff like animal crossing.

Platform games and fighting games not so much as each button press matters. Even see that the Mario 3d world online is choppy and that's just released. Local wireless seems to be fine.

Probably a combination of bad programming and poor network/server/cloud investment by Nintendo. SF is capcom, so not even an idea who would manage that game online ..

Advertisement