Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage registration during Level 5

Options
  • 29-01-2021 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All,

Hoping someone here might be able to help as I haven't had any luck trying to contact the HSE.

2 weeks ago, I made a marriage registration appointment at the registry office. I received confirmation of this appointment which is due to take place in february.

However, now the website seems to indicate that the registration can be done via post rather than having to attend in person.

Has anyone encountered the same issue or registered their intent to marry via post. I'm not sure whether or not to turn up at our appointment slot or not! Worried if I miss it we will miss the 3 month deadline as we have left it a bit tight.

Thanks
    Niamh

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

We had our appointment on Jan 12th in Joyce House on Lombard St, Dublin and it went ahead as normal. I was the same as you and had no idea what the story was but when I rang them they said they were going ahead. During the appointment all precautions were taken so we were in a room with all doors and windows open, plenty of space between everyone, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JudyN

Thanks! I managed to call and appointments are going ahead, in case anyone is wondering.
    There is an option to register via post for anyone who is unable to travel.

Advertisement