Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Mario 3D World / Bowsers Fury

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Wahoo. Smyths just charged. Its a coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Just got a dispatch email from Smyths. Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I think I'm gonna pass on 3D world for now. The Bowsers Story seems to be only a couple hours extra, and Mario is faster, but, thats, just not enough for me to spend €60 on it. I'll stick with the WiiU version for now.

Still a great game. Hope all the new people to the game love it as much as I did over the years. Might start a new game on Friday :D

Well, I lasted less than 24hrs after that post above and ordered it this morning, LOL.
    Its processing right now so hopefully I get it Friday too :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Got my dispatch notice this morning which realistically means it'll go into the postal network tonight. The snow over here has been playing hell with postal service (understandably) so I'm not expecting to receive it before Tuesday or so. I have next week off anyway so plenty of time to get stuck in :D

Doesn’t look like I’ll be playing Mario this weekend. Dpd order still only saying that the order info has been received. Unless they deliver on Saturdays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shipped from Littlewoods for me today. Should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn was hoping Currys put it up early like they did with Mario Allstars not confident that argos will have it as they have listed new releases but got no stock of them

Doesn’t look like I’ll be playing Mario this weekend. Dpd order still only saying that the order info has been received. Unless they deliver on Saturdays?

Same for me. Do DPD deliver on saturdays? Anyone on here know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Same boat here

They do but that’s dependent on them collecting tomorrow

Had a few packages that were ‘missed’ at the depot until Monday

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Same boat here

They do but that’s dependent on them collecting tomorrow

Had a few packages that were ‘missed’ at the depot until Monday

Ah Jaysus, but sound! Hopefully I get it Saturday so. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It shipped early this morning, handed off to An Post already.
    Hopefully I might just about have it tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Both my copies are being delivered tomorrow from Smyths by DPD.

Got the texts and emails about a half-hour ago.

Email confirming tomorrow

This will do nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just checked and my smyths copy is moving through the dpd network, hopeful of delivery tomorrow now.

Just checked and my smyths copy is moving through the dpd network, hopeful of delivery tomorrow now.

I just checked and my order is at the same status but I don’t think I will see the game before Monday. Total bummer, coz I wanted to play it this weekend. I miss click & collect. I could’ve had it tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

2 copies ??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Got my tracking number from Shopto and apparently it should be with me by tomorrow lunchtime \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What will the stamps do in this version? Just a collectible?

Edit:google tells me
    In Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Stamps are colored in, and they can instead be stuck onto surfaces within Snapshot Mode.

€48.99 From Argos stock tomorrow in most stores I checked.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7918865/Trail/searchtext%3EBOWSER.htm

YoshiSays wrote: »
    2 copies ??

My son and my girlfriend. I paid for them so there technically mine for now haha.

I've had it downloaded on my Switch since last week but said wouldn't play it till son got his ha.

It's the first game he's gotten on release he's been on about it for last few weeks so it's all im gonna hear about for good while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine been delivered before 12 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

just booted it up, short update and up and running, Now to complete a day of work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My son and my girlfriend. I paid for them so there technically mine for now haha.

Hmm, thought buying people was illegal yet you buy a son and a girlfriend? Or are you just renting?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hmm, thought buying people was illegal yet you buy a son and a girlfriend? Or are you just renting?

Ya and I lost there receipts so now im stuck with them!! Haha.

Both games just came there got sent a picture cause im in work. He got the stealbook version so he's delighted!

Waiting for DPD to put it on a van.
    Could being day

Just checked the Dpd website again for pig iron & it’s in a van & on the way to me! Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

DPD do deliver on Saturdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

9:05 in the door... Now for a looooonnnngggg day at work

Looks like it plays best docked.

60 FPS Vs 30 handheld.

Enjoy it Great game, and perfect lock down pick me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine just arrived from Smyths, steelbook is nice.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived earlier too, the tin is nice. Wasn’t expecting that! Can’t wait to finish work & get stuck in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Why can’t I buy the game on Amazon?

You can. Just looking actually. 55 stg from Amazon uk with steel book. 50 euro Amazon fr if you want to wait until mar 1 delivery.

You can. Just looking actually. 55 stg from Amazon uk with steel book. 50 euro Amazon fr if you want to wait until mar 1 delivery.

It doesn’t show for me at all :(

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    It doesn’t show for me at all :(

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08GZ54RLL

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08T7M29J9

I have this on WiiU , will get it again if the price drops a lot. I see the "limited edition" 3d all stars is now 36 on Amazon UK.

That’s so weird it shows up fine through the link but I couldn’t find it by searching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mine unlocked around 00:10 last night. 74 stars in. It's good (not Odyssey good, or Galaxy good so far), but I expect it to open up post game as per earlier posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Finished up the first world during my lunch break. Its good fun :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Just reserved and collected from Naas Argos this evening. Pleasantly surprised at the price (€49 vs €60 at Smyths).

Played this all the way through Champion Road on WiiU. Defo worth the double dip.

• Advertisement

49 is way better than 60!

49 is way better than 60!

No stock in Limerick sadly I’ll wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The missus got me this for valentines. Delighted. Arrived today steel book and everything. We had a 4 player game going and it worked great. Pure madness. I didnt manage to ever finish this properly on the wii U. So looking forward to mastering champions road in the near future.

My only issue at the moment is I have even put a dent in the 3d Mario collection. I hate putting down games before playing a new one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I finally got to play this today, it was delivered this morning.
    Bowsers Fury is very interesting indeed, being able to see across the world at the different areas is fun.
    The regular game, as good as ever though the upped speed the player characters throws me off a bit.
    Still, it's a class game.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I finally got to play this today, it was delivered this morning.
    Bowsers Fury is very interesting indeed, being able to see across the world at the different areas is fun.
    The regular game, as good as ever though the upped speed the player characters throws me off a bit.
    Still, it's a class game.

I'm back humming the music. I havent even looked at bowzers fury yet. I've mostly played the multilayer with the missus and we are enjoying that together.

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm back humming the music. I havent even looked at bowzers fury yet. I've mostly played the multilayer with the missus and we are enjoying that together.

Nintendo valentine's day :)

• Advertisement

Starter bowsers fury and its great so far. Feels like a brand new game rather than an add-on im guessing the add-on bit means it's short:(

It might be my 65" Qled talkin but the graphics are the best I've seen on a Mario game to date. Gorgeous!

iamtony wrote: »
    Starter bowsers fury and its great so far. Feels like a brand new game rather than an add-on im guessing the add-on bit means it's short:(

It might be my 65" Qled talkin but the graphics are the best I've seen on a Mario game to date. Gorgeous!

It looks gorgeous alright. Odyssey is hit and miss, some of the worlds are ugly. Galaxy looks amazing still.

Nintendo have brilliant digital artists who can work miracles with limited hardware resources. They've been at this for decades now. The Japanese anime, manga, video game art culture is incredible.

Once they get the art right then they can sell the same game years down the line. Also, the merchandise and hardware all spins off this.

Wondering what they could pull out of the hat with 4K and HDR. That'll be a few years away yet maybe ...

That's the thing about Nintendo, they have never really needed the horsepower, as long as they have the gameplay.
    It's why they can charge so much for a generation older videogame while Sony give Control away for free.

Still yet to collect mine hope to get it tomorrow morning need something to take the edge off this eternal incarnation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finished the main 3D World quest, so taking a break before the post game.

Bowsers Fury is a bit hit and miss for me. I feel the open world is great, but it's just very sparse, and it's really still just a hub - very akin to Wind Waker in that you have your boat/Nessie to get between gameplay (but BF doesn't have the amazing music) - The camera is a bit ropey too, especially when fighting Bowser. It focuses on Mario, and there's no way (that I can see) to focus the camera on the big guy shooting fire and you and jumping all over the place. The concept is great. Just feels a bit half baked, but that's me holding Nintendo to a higher standard than most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement