Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'd a missed call from them yesterday, and couldn't get through when I got a chance to call back. Just got them on the phone, and it was to inform people about low allocations of games/accessories, so to let people know that they may be better off pre-ordering accessories if they wanted any.

The amount of times they've called you...

Eir must be cleaning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jackbox Party Pack 3 has been announced for Switch. Great idea!
    Need more than 2 controllers though (or friends with the game, or multiple switcheseses)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/the_jackbox_party_pack_3_announced_for_nintendo_switch

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/status/826897996260442116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

IMG]   Splatoon is between July and September then.

Huh i really thought ninty was gonna launch it on splatoons 2nd anniversary in late may. dang

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Note sure if this has been posted already, TumbleSeed. Looks promising once they don't force motion controls in the Switch version (and the price is decent ofc).

Looking back at previous posts in here and seeing Stardew Valley being mentioned - that game would be a brilliant fit for the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch Games List Now Over 100 Titles

What games are going to be on the Nintendo Switch? We already know over 100 games, including a mix of first-party and third-party titles. We also know most of those games will be out by the end of the year.

There’s plenty to get excited about, with the latest Zelda game coming right at launch. Looking forward to a month after, the revamped Mario Kart 8 will be available. By the end of the year, a new Mario, Splatoon and Arms will be out, along with Skyrim, Minecraft and other great games.

The full games list for Nintendo Switch as of Feb. 7 is as follows, sorted by release date:

LAUNCH DAY, MARCH 3
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • 1, 2, Switch
    • Skylanders Imaginators
    • The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
    • Just Dance 2017
    • World of Goo
    • Human Resource Machine
    • Little Inferno
    • I Am Setsuna
    • Super Bomberman R

MARCH 28
    • Has Been Heroes

MARCH
    • Snipperclips
    • Disgaea 5
    • Shovel Knight
    • Snake Pass
    • Cube Life
    • Fast RMX

APRIL 28
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Constructor

MAY 2
    • Puyo Puyo Tetris

MAY
    • Rime

Q2 2017
    • Arms
    • Sonic Mania
    • LEGO City Undercover
    • Redout
    • Graceful Explosion Machine

Q3 2017
    • Splatoon 2
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Fire Emblem Warriors

SEPTEMBER
    • NBA 2K18
    • FIFA 18

Q4 2017
    • Super Mario Odyssey
    • Project Sonic 2017

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    • Oceanhorn
    • Stardew Valley
    • Yooka-Laylee
    • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    • Ultra Street Fighter 2
    • Rayman Legends
    • Farming Simulator 18
    • Minecraft
    • Cave Story
    • Minecraft Story Mode
    • 1001 Spikes
    • Wonderboy: The Dragon’s Trap
    • Waku Waku 7
    • Arcade Archives
    • Syberia 3
    • Metal Slug 3
    • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    • Hollow Knight
    • Shock Troopers
    • Dungeon of Zaar
    • Nobunaga’s Ambition
    • Tank It!
    • Steep
    • Steamworld
    • World Heroes Perfect
    • Earthlock: Festival of Magic
    • Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo
    • The King of Fighters ‘98

• Fire Emblem
    • No More Heroes
    • The Sacred Hero
    • Project Fist
    • TBA
    • Pankapu
    • Dragon Quest X
    • Dragon Quest XI
    • Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2
    • Octopath Traveller
    • Tumbleseed
    • Pok é mon
    • Moon Child
    • Audio Hero
    • Spelunker World
    • Derby Stallion
    • Seasons of Heaven
    • Story of Seasons
    • Taiko Drum Master
    • LEGO Worlds
    • New Frontier Days
    • Rusty Pup
    • Ohayou!
    • Zombie Vikings
    • Palu’s Adventure
    • The Jackbox Party Pack 3
    • Bit Boy Arcade
    • Fox n Forests
    • BlazBlue
    • Entertainment Hero
    • Shin Megami Tensei
    • Racing Apex
    • State of Mind
    • Tales
    • Riverside
    • Greckel’s Quest
    • Rise: Race the Future
    • Clive ‘N’ Wrench

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintendo-switch-games-list-now-over-100-titles-582853

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cool, so that means that the eShop will have to be up and running on day one.
    It'll be interesting if there's a discount for people who already own it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd like to buy 1-2 switch at launch, just as a second game and mainly to show off the system a bit better than Zelda might, but I just know it'll go cheap after launch which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Zelda day one then nothing for me until Mario Kart, luv Bomberman for as long as I can remember megadrive kangaroo being a stand out but not willing to fork out €60+ for it on switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

When is Redout out?

Edit: ah, it's out "This Spring".
    Definitely be one I'll pick up, in physical form if possible.

• Advertisement

C4hlYMDUMAEonLT.jpg

Good value for the upcoming Redout, on Switch.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ9ELHN/
    It's $35.47 from Amazon Prime in the States, no word on a date from the UK Amazon site though link

I really like the look of this one, an enhanced version of the Steam game.
    It seems to be distributed by 505 Games on the XB1, PS4 and Switch, so hopefully we'll have a date for Europe soon.

Ultimate Chicken Horse is coming to Console!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vG_yP3yvg

"We are proud and super excited to officially announce that Ultimate Chicken Horse will be coming to XboxOne, PS4 and Nintendo Switch! We are aiming to launch during the Summer of 2017."

Four-player competitive DIY platformer Ultimate Chicken Horse is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One in Q3 2017, developer Clever Endeavour Games has revealed to Eurogamer.

For the uninitiated, Ultimate Chicken Horse is a 2D game where up to four players place platforms, traps, and other generally hazardous objects into a scene then see who among them can still make it to the finish line. After each round more player-set traps are added with the idea being to make the stage hard enough that your rivals can't complete it, yet easy enough that you can.
    The console edition of Ultimate Chicken Horse will introduce a new extension to Free Play mode that allows players to create their own levels from scratch rather than simply place objects into existing terrain.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-16-nintendo-switch-is-getting-one-of-2016s-best-multiplayer-games

cJ7KRpx.png

YcEAoXG.jpg

If they moved really fast they could get it out for launch...

I've got Shovel Knight already on the WiiU and 3DS, am in luck for a downloadable copy for my Switch as a result of the games now being attached to my account I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

We can but hope!

I'm definitely going to buy 1,2 Switch.
    While it would have made a great pack in there's enough multiplayer gaming with my son and between he and his friends that will mean it'll get played.
    I was trying to decide on a game Vs a controller, in addition to the console, BotW and Binding of Isaac (from Canada) and while a controller would be grand I'm thinking it'll wait until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and even then for two player laughs the current single controller has that covered.
    Plus, there's the hope that the WiiU Pro Controller might be made compatible with a future update... Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

YcEAoXG.jpg

If they moved really fast they could get it out for launch...

I just hope you dont have to complete the previous campaigns like you had to do with plague knight, id love to get this on switch, but if the campaign is locked behind completion, ill wiiU it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I just hope you dont have to complete the previous campaigns like you had to do with plague knight, id love to get this on switch, but if the campaign is locked behind completion, ill wiiU it.

In a gamexplain interview the Devs said they got complaints about that and you won't have to.

Or I misunderstood, I've never played the game.

Here's the interview https://youtube.com/watch?v=TDX-53g-Km8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the soundtrack for Snake Pass, due for release Q1 sometime, is done by none other than David Wise. His DKC soundtracks are still some of the best around.

Someone posted this in the other thread, game sizes for digital stuff!

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 13.4 GB
    - Puyo Puyo Tetris 1.09 GB
    - I Am Setsuna 1.40 GB
    - Nobunaga’s Ambition 5 GB
    - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 7 GB
    - Snipperclips 1.60 GB
    - Dragon Quest Heroes I·II 32 GB (SD card required)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Corholio wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the soundtrack for Snake Pass, due for release Q1 sometime, is done by none other than David Wise. His DKC soundtracks are still some of the best around.

speaking of:

The sound seems a bit weird when they're playing the music it's hard to hear the guys talking sometimes.

THE BINDING OF ISAAC: AFTERBIRTH+ for NINTENDO SWITCH
    For those of you who have pre-ordered already you may have noticed your order shifted date. We were unable to confirm the revised release date until now (due to issues way beyond our control), but can confirm that the Release Date for The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on Nintendo Switch has been pushed back. It’s still March, but we won’t make 3.3 (insert sad face here)

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/157494348814/whats-in-the-box2-take-2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone else find the irony of the subtitle afterbirth+ now that it won't be a launch title, we won't get the game until after the birth of the switch. rainier wolfcastle that's the joke gif be most welcome here me thinks.

Any word on demos or trials for games yet?

AfTzevw.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone else find the irony of the subtitle afterbirth+ now that it won't be a launch title, we won't get the game until after the birth of the switch. rainier wolfcastle that's the joke gif be most welcome here me thinks.

Any word on demos or trials for games yet?

The placenta always comes a little while after the main event... Just have to wait a little while, make sure you get all of it, otherwise the new mother can go into toxic shock...
    Ha, wait, the joke... very good....

Actually, I suspect the desire to include the physical goodies might have generated the delay tbh, the physical games must be already made and ready to rock at this point.
    Maybe it's an eshop issue.

Advertisement