Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Direct (Feb 26th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl remakes confirmed. All the rumours were true. There was further leaks this morning.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus has been announced, it's releasing in early 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

The Diamond-Pearl remake seems a bit disappointing, not really a Sword/Shield type game on a technical level. Isn't that what people were expecting? Better use of the Switch's potential?

I was never impressed with the look of Sword and Shield. Arceus P€€$ all over it graphically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Hmmm, now we know why BOTW2 is delayed, the team was working on Breath of the Pokemon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I know Pokemon is the big cash cow but Jesus, I wish Nintendo would give some of their other franchises even half as much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Gen IV remakes look more like threadbare remasters more than anything. Pokemon Legends looks super interesting and I’m really looking forward to finding out more about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This might be the first Pokemon game I'll ever buy that I'm likely play!
    And actual, bonafide, open world Pokemon game...

The youtube comments are great, this announcement came so out of the blue and has surprised everyone.

That they can keep a lid on this and not leak it gives me hope for other surprises they might have, tucked away in franchise specific Directs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I know Pokemon is the big cash cow but Jesus, I wish Nintendo would give some of their other franchises even half as much attention.

Well its pretty unique in that its A) one of the largest entertainment properties on the planet, and B) owned by 3 companies (Nintendo, Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Oymyakon wrote: »
    The Diamond-Pearl remake seems a bit disappointing, not really a Sword/Shield type game on a technical level. Isn't that what people were expecting? Better use of the Switch's potential?

No, I think it looks amazing. I don’t like how Sword & Shield looks when you’re running about the place, this remake looks far better IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement