Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief for medical expenses?

Options
  • 26-02-2021 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

Hi. I've already lodged a claim for tax relief for my medical expenses for 2016. But I just found a receipt from my dentist for a root canal carried out in 2016 which I haven't claimed for. Can I claim for that now or should it have been part of my original claim for that year. I was a paye worker. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

You can only claim four years back. So 2017, 18, 19 and 20 are open at the moment - 2016 claims are closed.

See Revenue site here - "You can claim relief on the last four year's health expenses."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You would have been able to claim for it until December 2020 by claiming for 2016. Its now too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭gooner99

Ah I see. Thanks guys.

Advertisement