Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live first timer

Options
  • 12-02-2021 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi

looking to get xbox live and never did this before

Seems to be a secondary market to buy unlock codes and its confusing. Is xbox live gold the standard offering? I see something called xbox pass and ultimate

Also gamestop cdkeys are about 30 euro for the code

noticed another crowd called gamivo and they have a bunch of suppliers and you can get it for 23 euro and with something called "smart price" discount its 20 euro so whats the catch.

Also if you can recommend a cheap but decent head set as i can see this being the next ask before we move to a gamers chair lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

See this post at the top of this Xbox forum for getting the best deal for XBLG and GamePass Ultimate. Regarding a headset, there are plenty recommendations for Steel series Arctis 7x. I don't use the headset myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

thanks will start with the link provided

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used gamivo or similar and why are they cheaper then gamestop?

thread provided was good but I am just looking for 6 months xbox live at best price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

rightmove wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used gamivo or similar and why are they cheaper then gamestop?

thread provided was good but I am just looking for 6 months xbox live at best price

Not Gamivo specifically but I've bought lots from cdkeys. Buy Brazilian for best price.

theteal wrote: »
    Not Gamivo specifically but I've bought lots from cdkeys. Buy Brazilian for best price.

Just had a look and its 27.59 whether brazilian or eu. Just saw another post and I think the gamivo price is without VAT added. I knew there must be a catch :)

• Advertisement

Just had a look and its 27.59 whether brazilian or eu. Just saw another post and I think the gamivo price is without VAT added. I knew there must be a catch :)

Oh, for the 6 months?

There's a £10 difference between EU and Brazil for 12 months which is not much more than the 6 month figure.

Oh, for the 6 months?

There's a £10 difference between EU and Brazil for 12 months which is not much more than the 6 month figure.

ok really confused. Why does everyone not buy brazilian then and why would they have a specific pkg for brazil if it works in ireland?

thanks for you help also - appreciated.

ok really confused. Why does everyone not buy brazilian then and why would they have a specific pkg for brazil if it works in ireland?

thanks for you help also - appreciated.

you have to redeem them from the brazilian xbox site, involves a VPN. Some are not comfortable/able to do this. They can go (used to anyway, probably no more as 12 months codes are on borrowed time) a fair bit lower in price too, the few I bought last year were £23-24.

you have to redeem them from the brazilian xbox site, involves a VPN. Some are not comfortable/able to do this. They can go (used to anyway, probably no more as 12 months codes are on borrowed time) a fair bit lower in price too, the few I bought last year were £23-24.

thanks got sorted. Just went EU for the moment although I want at some point to install something to use bbc player etc that by passes the location. The minute i got it working the younger kids wanted to connect to every mine craft server on the planet. Just wondering if anyone has some basic child safety setting I should put on

Advertisement