Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex Delays

Options
  • 06-02-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I have a parcel sent by Fedex Priority from China. Normally this is always a two day service for me but this parcel says it won't be delivered until Friday 12th well over a week after shipping.

Twice a day at ~4am and 11pm there are these updates

10:23 PM SHANGHAI CN In transit
    10:21 PM SHANGHAI CN At local FedEx facility

Always in Shanghai which is where the parcel was shipped from. Would anyone know why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭corkie

Chinese New Year at present!

Friday, 12 February
    Chinese New Year 2021

China basically shuts down for the 2/3 weeks(or for the month) around this time of year.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

user302243 wrote: »
    I have a parcel sent by Fedex Priority from China. Normally this is always a two day service for me but this parcel says it won't be delivered until Friday 12th well over a week after shipping.

Twice a day at ~4am and 11pm there are these updates

10:23 PM SHANGHAI CN In transit
    10:21 PM SHANGHAI CN At local FedEx facility

Always in Shanghai which is where the parcel was shipped from. Would anyone know why this is happening?

Problem is that China is close to CNY. All factories are running at maximum capacity to push orders out the door. Factor in the fact that a lot of truck drivers have left well before the start of the holidays together with a lot of labourers across the Logistics Industry. In these circumstances delays are inevitable. The whole supply chain from China to EU and US is disrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭user302243

Thanks - had hoped I would have avoided the rush but obviously not!

Advertisement