19-03-2020, 23:14   #1
Minime2.5

The practice of religion other than islam in muslim countries

A question for muslims. Is it not hypocritcal that muslims can practice islam in virtually any country in the world but for example if the suggestion of a christian church being built in a predominate muslim country . The idea would be castigated against
Advertisement
21-03-2020, 13:07   #2
Tom Dunne
Comfortably numb

Absolute nonsense. I lived in a Muslim country for seven years and visited many Catholic churches in a number of Muslim countries.
11-11-2020, 12:29   #3
SnowWhale78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dunne View Post
Absolute nonsense. I lived in a Muslim country for seven years and visited many Catholic churches in a number of Muslim countries.
Its not nonsense. There are different approaches in different Muslim countries. I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and there is no "recognised" practice of other Religions at all. Some gatherings in compounds etc but nothing official. I also lived in Dubai that allows Churches and places of worship but only in designated areas. You have essentially a collection of Churches temples etc crammed into a "Zone". Oman would probably be the most open country in terms of free practice in the middle east anyway. Pakistan and Egypt are renowned for the persecution of other religions. And of course Muslims suffer the same in China and India.

In general its much easier for Muslims to practice their religion openly in Christian or Secular countries than vice versa.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion