Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattle cards

Options
  • 23-07-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Is it no longer required for vets to sign cards after a TB test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,494 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

grassroot1 wrote: »

Our vet mentioned something about that at our test but said that they still like to do it, particularly for private sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭148multi

Cost of replacing the full cards altered the view of the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭moneyheer

Brought cattle tto mart a while ago with cards not signed, wouldn't accept them had to get cards signed. Lucky vets were only down road😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

moneyheer wrote:
    Brought cattle tto mart a while ago with cards not signed, wouldn't accept them had to get cards signed. Lucky vets were only down road😊

Enniscorthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

moneyheer wrote: »

No problem here with that. Once it's on agfood it's on the system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭moneyheer

moneyheer wrote:

Enniscorthy?
    Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

That's where I was heading when I noticed the card not signed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

My vet hasn't singed them the last few years...They just rubber stamp the date of the test on the card....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Vets are no longer obliged to stamp & sign BTE cards/Passports after testing. However it may suit some farmers who have not yet signed up to agfood but I read somewhere that all farmers must be signed up in the near future.

All marts, factories and exporter's are "live" with DAFM so it shouldn't be a problem when you bring your cattle to a mart. If your local mart rejects your cattle because the cards are not stamped then you should contact your local DVO.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/contact/regionalveterinaryoffices/

Advertisement