Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this TT bike for me?

Options
  • 19-07-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Struggling to correctly identify this alleged Cervelo P5.

Cervelo tell me they heat-stamp their serial number on all their BBs or dropouts but this doesn't have anything. Also the position of the rim brakes and the shape of the chain stays seem weird to me.

I couldn't place the year in which the P5 switch to a flush/integrated stem either - perhaps you guys will know.

Is it real or a replica/fake?

Cheers - MM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

That's not a p5

P5 has always had hidden rear calipers. Recent ones hidden hydraulic front ones tio.

No idea what that is but not a p5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

tunney wrote: »
    That's not a p5

P5 has always had hidden rear calipers. Recent ones hidden hydraulic front ones tio.

No idea what that is but not a p5

P5 also has straight chain stays not bent like in pic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

tunney wrote: »
    P5 also has straight chain stays not bent like in pic

If your buying 2nd hand find out place of purchase. Is it Chinese import ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Thanks for all your help everyone, I'm going to pass and lesson learned. May not have been a bad bike but not going to take the risk right now.

Thanks also to Joey100 who gave me some great info offline - thanks Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help everyone, I'm going to pass and lesson learned. May not have been a bad bike but not going to take the risk right now.

Thanks also to Joey100 who gave me some great info offline - thanks Joe!

Feel free to post any options you're thinking of to me mojomaker. In terms of 2nd hand TT bikes it's abuyers market

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i've seen that frame before, it's a chinese knock off. there was a thread in the cycling forum here i think, was it a dongfu or something like that

one of the "sure it's made in the same factory so it's the exact same frame" jobs.

you're already sorted but i wouldn't touch that if you were given it for free

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

this may have been the one i was thinking of, not sure it is the same now

http://www.dengfubikes.com/TT_FRAME/index.html

Advertisement