Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shein

Options
  • 03-07-2019 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought from Shein before?
    I keep seeing ads on my facebook from them and some of the clothes look nice. But what is sizing like and quality?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Post moved to own thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I was curious and bought 2 dresses - both maxi wrap dresses - in the same size. One was way too small, the other way too big. They were both polyester dresses, so price point was about right.
    Delivery took something like 3 weeks.

On Insta I follow an account called icurvy, and she does promo work for them, and she has said you cannot presume your size with Shein - you need to look at the measurements of each dress, and measure yourself accordingly to make sure you are ordering the right size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I placed an order last Friday for a few items... Three dresses, one maxi, two short-ish summery dresses, two wrap style skirts & two cami/tank tops.

I only ordered items that had reviews from people who have previously bought so I could get a better idea of sizing & quality.
    I'll review & post some pictures when they arrive...

Hopefully they wont be crap, I'll be happy with Pennys quality concidering I only paid €66 for the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Some have been great, some have been crap.

Returns are in Belgium so I don't usually buy from them unless I'm really sure and have looked at photos of an item on other people/read reviews.

As previous poster said, you need to know your own measurements and read what they write on each item as they are all totally different.

Just a note on their customer service - I emailed them regarding an issue & the person who got back to me couldn't have been more helpful. I'm actually surprised how prompt & how much extra detail they went into to solve my problem!

• Advertisement

My order arrived yesterday....

Size wise I'd be 5'9.5 & about a size 12. I read reviews & based on what others posted ordered a large in all items.

Dress 1, I absoloutly love, the quality, cut & fit is fab. Very flattering.
    Dress 2, Colours are lovely & really pop, lenght is good & sits nice. Its a tad looser but will be spot on for bloaty days!
    Dress 3, I like too, matrrial is a little thinner but will be perfect for holidays. Fit is good, doesnt cling to lumps & bumps.
    Long skirt, I love the colours, I really could have sized up but because it's a wrap it will be grand.
    Short skirt (didn't upload) is sihte, the material is about a thick as a J-cloth! I'd say the only time I will wear this is walking from the hotel to the pool on hols.
    The tops, the cream one is grand, 95% cotton surprisingly, it's a little loose in the width & a little short on the lenght but it will be grand with a long skirt. The black one is bloody tiny! I think it was a one size fits all but I cant be sure... anyway, I put it on for the craic & it is more like a bralette than a top!!

Overall I am very happy. Quality is along the lines of pennys, I paid €66 for everything so no complaints. I will deffo order again.

shein dress1.jpg

shein dress 2.jpg

shein dress3.jpg

shein tops.jpg

shein long skirt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the detailed feedback Sinister Kid, I have been looking at a dress and jumper on Shein, but they aren't overly cheap, think the jumper is £20 and the dress £34. Not sure I would be happy with Penny's quality at those prices. Has anyone successfully returned anything to them? I have read some reviews on Trust Pilot that say returns are problematic.

I haven't returned anything but I did find their customer service brilliant.

I've actually placed & received another order since my last post... I'll pop some pics up when I get home.

Advertisement