Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Your passport should be valid for travel as you will still have 3 months validity. The 3 month validity period is more of a concern for the Brits as they are now out of the EU.

However, as an example, i did an application at 10.50pm last night (Tues).

Today, by 8pm (Wed) the website was showing as posted with an An Post tracking number.

When i submited another application in November, it was delivered within 2 days of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

I ended up doing a renewal around that time last night too, was also printed and posted off today so should have it by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bindyboo

Does anyone know the process to get the passport from An Post once the tracking number is issued. We are down to the wire. If it goes to print today/tomorrow we wont be able to wait for the post to come to us. Any info/tips would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Passport tracking still shows an estimated completion date back in April.

Web Chat permanently Grey and cannot be accessed

The lad on twitter basically tells everyone to **** off quoting GDPR

And just spent 40 minutes on hold from 23rd to 2nd in queue and they appear to have hung up on me.

Does anyone have Simon Covney's contact details. The only way any of us are going on holidays is if we bombard him with queries until he sacks a few of the wasters in the passport office and sends in people who want to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Its a total shitshow. My daughters ftp arrived a few days before the estimated date so fingers crossed you'll get it in time.

I wonder is there a complaints procedure as I would like to complain about the fact that there was a mess up made in the garda Station. I'm aware of human error and it will probably come to nothing but I would still like it noted.

Has anyone ever seen the webchat turn green as I'm in doubt as to the fact that it ever happens! Phones today are a joke too.

Worried by resubmitted form is lost and I've no way of knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Yea, my friend got on to the chat a few times, but it takes ages. I got on twice last week by pressing refresh constantly on my phone, both times I waited for about 45 mins and was cut off before speaking to anyone. It was telling me I was 27th in line and a 40 min wait - it didn't change at all so I think the mobile version doesn't work.

Our holiday was cancelled last week, waiting until the passport arrives before rebooking.

I am going to complain to Simon Coveny too.

https://simoncoveney.ie/contact/

Hi. I Have gotten on to the webchat a few times but i literally sitting there refreshing it for 20 mins at a time, it is so hard to get through. It's the same with the phone line, i have redialled up to 200 times before i get an answer. Such a stressful experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cnmff

Hey All,

This is the only place I've had a little bit of hope with my process. I contacted the passport office before I even booked my flights to check to check turnaround times and that I would definitely have it. I was told I would so I went ahead and booked. He was right and my issue date was before the travel date, until it changed a week later to 3 days after my flights. I phone daily and get told the same thing, I got laughed at by a woman on the phone the other day and she said oh I can see you got a letter from your TD that won't help your case. She actually made me cry she was that rude and how she spoke to me was horrible. I am due to fly out May 28th and this is where we are at the moment. I am praying for a miracle 😭 it has been on "your application is being processed" for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭TheRona

Have got onto webchat multiple times without much of an issue. Just tried there, and took me 4 mins of refreshing to get in. It's definitely possible.

These are the people who returned my two kids' passport renewals a few years back with their names switched onto the other's passport. Since then, my expectations from their service has always been very low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 robin83

Brought all our passports and everything to the garda station. He signed pics n entered in the log book. Wouldn't witness signatures as he doesn't personally know us. It's not clear on the paper application form at all. In fact I haven't found where it says this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Giotto3

Do you, by any chance, work for the passport office?😉 I find it hard to believe that you have got onto WebChat multiple times without much of an issue. After reading your message I tried refreshing the web chat page non-stop for 8 minutes - to no avail. I wish I had your luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Info@dfa.ie is the contact address for his ministerial office. Please don't use his Oireachtas address unless you're a constituent as it stops them helping constituents with issues they can actually assist with. It's the ministerial office who handle all department correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I did get through to webchat, on separate occasions in Feb. I logged on around 9 and just kept refreshing the page. Both times I got a spot, 10 in the q, and the other time 17 in the q and was speaking to an operator within 20mins.

They were very helpful both times( my queries were easy enough to fix though)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jaybro7

Has anybody got their child’s first time passport ahead of the estimated date?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Yes I got my sons first time application before the estimate date. We submitted the application on the 20th January and it issued on 12th April. It’s original estimate was 25th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

If you live in the state there's a chance. If you live outside of the state it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robin83

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Applied for a passport card 2 days ago for the craic as I’m having issues with my passport book not scanning - received it in the post this morning.

Crazy they’ll turn that around in 2 days (it must be automated). I applied for one for my mam about an hour before that and hers didn’t arrive today…

Have they given up on the phones altogther? Not a prayer of getting through yesterday or today so far

• Advertisement

It just went to print during the 5.20 update, any idea when it will go to post? Going to rebook flights haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 first time applicant

Is it every 2 hours they update it. So they are finished now for the weekend? Still waiting for them to accept my resubmission consent form. An post delivered it the 8th may. I'm loosing all hope 😭😭

Im the same went to print at 5.30....flying on Sunday. So I guess there Is no way it will be in my hands by then...gonna have to fly seperate from the rest of the party with my daughter later in the week.....so close but so far 😖

Ah jesus, so close. Our original travel date was th 8th. The estimated date of arrival was the 18th so it's actually ahead of time. Still lost money on Mondays flight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

He is a government minister and when it comes to the utter shitshow he is presiding over we are ALL his constituents!!!

My resubmission was sent the 3rd of May and delivered on the 10th. It was just end of today that the tracker updated.

Bindiboo it's updated from 7.20am every 2 hours. Until 7.20pm no point checking any other time. I'm sorry you have missed out so close to your flight

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jaybro7

Just to give hope to those of you that haven’t got good news yet - my NEW issue date was the 23rd (after original consent form couldn’t be verified due to garda not putting it in log book)

we are due to fly the 20th so I kicked up such a fuss with every senator and TD I could. Got news today from them that it’s gone to print and I’ll have it Monday/Tuesday before we fly. A week ahead of estimated date. My advise is get on to your local TD’s or senators asap and get them to work on your behalf. It was confirmed to me that they have a seperate contact line and are allowed a certain amount of chase ups per week. It definitely helps and has saved us and our holiday it seems.

Jaybro7 that's great news. It's so stressful isn't. Ours were the same with the consent form..I sent mine back on the 8th of may but still hasnt shown up on the tracker even though it delivered from an post side.. how long did yours take to show up when you submitted and what date was it. Just want to see roughly what the turnaround time would be for resubmitting would be. What I don't understand is why this is not flagged at the stage 2 verifying document stage an instead the date it's due

• Advertisement

Annoyedgal what's your new issue date

Advertisement