Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Sami23

Can you reclaim Vat on any of the following - semi auto headgate, headscoop, dehorning crate, cattle weighing scales, sheep weighing scales and sheep hurdles as I am thinking of applying for Tams grant for them.
    TIA

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Sami23 wrote: »
    Can you reclaim Vat on any of the following - semi auto headgate, headscoop, dehorning crate, cattle weighing scales, sheep weighing scales and sheep hurdles as I am thinking of applying for Tams grant for them.
    TIA

To get back vat you have to 'fix' it to the ground, no for the scales, dehorning crate and hurdles if they are portable.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭White Clover

I'm under 40 years old but farming for over 10 years in my own name. Can someone confirm if I'm eligible for 40% TAMS grant?

I'm under 40 years old but farming for over 10 years in my own name. Can someone confirm if I'm eligible for 40% TAMS grant?

Yes you are eligible for the 40%.
    To be eligible for the 60% you need to under 40 and started farming in the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭White Clover

Yes you are eligible for the 40%.
    To be eligible for the 60% you need to under 40 and started farming in the last 5 years.

Thanks Sami. Does it take long to get approval from the time of submitting an application?

• Advertisement

Thanks Sami. Does it take long to get approval from the time of submitting an application?

3-4 months usually, at least that's what mine took anyway. Submitted in September and got approval following January.

I heard that if your applying for mobile equipment like scales etc. that you can go ahead and purchase it as soon as you have your application submitted where as if building a shed for e.g you can't do anything until you get approval.

Can anyone confirm this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

3-4 months usually, at least that's what mine took anyway. Submitted in September and got approval following January.

I heard that if your applying for mobile equipment like scales etc. that you can go ahead and purchase it as soon as you have your application submitted where as if building a shed for e.g you can't do anything until you get approval.

Can anyone confirm this ?
    That correct. The only draw back to purchasing the mobile equipment just after submitting the application is if you are not approved for the grant for what ever reason then you are snookered.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

In relation to Tams fencing. If one got a contractor in, would that assist in tax matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

It the 40% grant on total costs including or excluding vat!

razor8 wrote: »
    It the 40% grant on total costs including or excluding vat!

Excluding Vat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 zafirkalvin

Spiker21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm new to this so I'm a little confused here. I'm currently sitting the green certain online in order to qualify as a young farmer. I read on agri land that if I have a farm safety code training done and am sitting the green certain that I qualify for entitlements this year. Long story short, I was at the farm safety code of practice today and that was grand. How do I apply for TAMS or is that closed?

Many thanks.

I was to go to the maximum they would aggregate my applications, therefore it stands to reason they should aggregate my applications also.

Can anyone tell me for the purposes of the Tams Young Farmer Scheme would the setup date in farming be the date you applied for your herd number or the date that you are actually registered as the Herd Owner ?
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Can anyone tell me for the purposes of the Tams Young Farmer Scheme would the setup date in farming be the date you applied for your herd number or the date that you are actually registered as the Herd Owner ?
    Tia
    I just read this last night. Its on the departments website.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/tams/youngfarmercapitalinvestmentscheme/

“date of set-up” means the earliest of the following dates:

• date of joining a Teagasc Milk Production Partnership or Department registered Farm Partnership;

• date of application for registering as a sole or joint user of a herd number/other Department identifier;

• In the case of joint owners/partnerships/companies all dates of application for registering of a herd number or Department identifier will be examined and the date of set-up will be the date of application for registering of individuals associated with partnership/companies/joint applications;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭visatorro

Anyone know where I can find out what is written in the status description on my application news? It changed today but doesn't say approval!!

Just wondering has anyone here ever appealed a decision by the dept to reject their Tams application for any reason and if so were you successful or did the original decision remain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭kk.man

Just wondering has anyone here ever appealed a decision by the dept to reject their Tams application for any reason and if so were you successful or did the original decision remain ?

You would want a good reason imo. Its based on a points system, you either make the cut off or you don't.

They have made mistakes with regard to ANC points not included this round. In that case if these brought you up to qualifying amount then you would have a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anfieldrd

Anyone a picture of the sign you must put up for Tams if claiming over €50,000? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭hopeso

Has anyone claimed for a new tanker with dribble bar? I read somewhere recently that the take up for grants on slurry equipment under TAMS has been very low... I’m wondering if there are reasons for the low take up, especially as we’ll all have to be updating our slurry equipment before long.....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anfieldrd

Anyone have inspection for Tams? How was it? Does it take all day or a few hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭dmakc

hopeso wrote: »
    Has anyone claimed for a new tanker with dribble bar? I read somewhere recently that the take up for grants on slurry equipment under TAMS has been very low... I’m wondering if there are reasons for the low take up, especially as we’ll all have to be updating our slurry equipment before long.....

I would imagine it's because we have another year of splash plate and no one had the finances ready. A bit of saving next year and the applications will start rolling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭DJ98

Is it correct that in order to get a fixed sheep race under the grant you must get planning permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Herself and I are in a joint herd number with both of us with greencerts, would we get the 60% grant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Herself and I are in a joint herd number with both of us with greencerts, would we get the 60% grant

Are ye classed as young farmers. I’m under 40 and went for a grant of 60% but was told I had the herd number over 5 years. So not a young farmer anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Neighbour did a tams job last year ,wife under 40 did the green cert so he could get the full 60% ,I presume he must have signed the place over to her:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Are ye classed as young farmers. I’m under 40 and went for a grant of 60% but was told I had the herd number over 5 years. So not a young farmer anymore.

Ya we are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cute geoge wrote: »
    Neighbour did a tams job last year ,wife under 40 did the green cert so he could get the full 60% ,I presume he must have signed the place over to her:D:D:D

The young farmer will need to be very clued in about the farm and be able to answer plenty of questions about the day to day running of the farm as part of the procedure to draw down the 60% grant, I only went through all that afew months ago. I had no bother answering everything because I am running the farm here, but if anyone thinks they can just let a spouse or other family member without much actual involvement with the farm draw down the 60% grant they will be in for a shock when it comes to that part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭DJ98

Submitted a tams application during the week, how long will I have to wait before I hear back from the department? Application only related to mobile equipment, no building.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Just recently done the same as above, any rough time frame for mobile equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Might be no harm contacting the local AES office to check up on things next month. Submitted a fencing grant there recently. The things they check for is unreal. Folio maps showing ownership, bank details on transactions etc. All fencing stake cert to be completed. Got a beautiful letter back on first fencing grant application. Eventually got the grant. Have had no problems with other applications other than waiting, a call I find helps matters.

Advertisement