Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane spotting live

Options
  • 23-07-2019 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Starting now on BBC four live plane spotting
    Live for the next three nights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Who is the older gentleman presenting?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Who is the older gentleman presenting?

UK election tv presenting legend Peter Snow ! (And an Irishman)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Snow

He makes me laugh. The other lad looks like he is ****ting that Peter will go off on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

He makes me laugh. The other lad looks like he is ****ting that Peter will go off on one.

Always great on live tv, waiting for something to happen ! interesting show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭john boye

Andi Peters hasn't aged a day in the 20+ years since I last saw him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any way to play this back? BBC iplayer doesn't work in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

God that programme was a load of cr*p

Andy Peters shouting how ' I AM AN AV GEEK ' then proceeded to get at the next two types wrong.

They went to Myrtle Ave , they must have looked for the people who were ' typical ' spotters, OMG ' whats your favourite aeroplane' for gods sake !!!

Found the bit about the CAM ( Civil Air Markings ) interesting ( had many a copy ) ...the wierd token woman in a boiler suit ( I assume she is materials expert ) shouting ' ohhhhh here is a small one , ohhh no I missed it'

Had to switch it off in the end .

Fair to say I will not be watching the next two.:):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭john boye

Davidth88 wrote: »
    ...the wierd token woman in a boiler suit ( I assume she is materials expert ) shouting ' ohhhhh here is a small one , ohhh no I missed it'

She was insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

It was pretty bad.

Previous BBC shows such as 'Stargazing live' have actually been very good, and successful, this was a bit of a disaster to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I think they were getting way too excited and did not have enough knowledge of the aircraft types they were showing, as for the lady in the boiler suit what was that all about, the Myrtle Ave was very poor even the camera shots of aircraft taking off with Sun making a mess of it, maybe better tonight at London City Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Ryanair and Are Lingus getting coverage tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Episode 2 was a bit better. Andi Peters comes across as 'Partridge-esque' though, and I am wondering when he'll ask if they are getting a second series!

"What is the difference between 767 and 777?" the presenter asks. Pretty decent question for newbies like me who know very little. Expert replies "size". No **** sherlock christ almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Car crash stuff. Interesting to see that Victor being restored, presumably it will never fly though, especially with the Vulcan retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never say never :) no doubt the Campaign Against Aviation had some stern words afterwards :(

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Such a beautiful aircraft, along with the Vulcan, the Lightning and the TSR-2. Amazing really how our British neighbours don't make more of their cutting-edge aviation history and how they helped win the Cold War. It is said that in the 1960s the Soviets feared V-bombers over Moscow more than they feared B-52s - they were far more modern and had more advanced avionics.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement