Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality tshirts

Options
  • 23-07-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for places to buy black and white v neck cotton tshirts, preferably not see through.

I'm trying to start my version of a capsule wardrobe and am sick of cheaper brands getting twisted after a couple of washes. I know it's caused by used fabric that has been cut differently, so am prepared to pay more for quality.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

• Registered Users Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Thanks, but I should have specified I'm looking for ladies tshirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You could also try Uniqlo, I've heard great things about their basic tees from the capsule wardrobe enthusiasts. I don't think there's a store in Ireland so it'd mean buying online.

You could also look at old-school brands like fruit of the loom and gildan via Amazon.

Anyone any idea about uniqlo and cos sizing? I keep hearing about them. Completely forgot about fruit of the loom, I thought they'd disappeared years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

I like COS but I have to try their clothes on before purchase.

I've been keeping an eye on these websites lately (thank you facebook!). I also buy a bit from people tree and Toast (expensive so only in the sale, and not recently). Everlane below looks super for basics.

https://twothirds.com/collections/tops

https://www.everlane.com/collections/womens-tees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Arket T-shirts are getting great reviews. I have their ice crepe T-shirt which is lovely, great quality but very thin.

Uniqlo U crew neck is excellent quality for that price. It is very thick and it keeps the shape very well.

https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/product/women-uniqlo-u-crew-neck-short-sleeved-t-shirt-414443.html

Uniqlo U relaxed fit has more of a raw cotton feel and if you like that it's grand but for me the one I posted link for is much better quality.

Cos t-shirts seem to be good too. It depends what style you like.

Uniqlo sizing is fairly standard stuff. I 'm size 10 in most brands and Medium in Uniqlo for t shirts and leggings. Uniqlo U sizing for other stuff not t-shirts is a bit hit and miss but it tends to be better quality.

In Cos size 10 or 12 is Small. Both Arket and Cos have free returns, Uniqlo delivery/return policy is a bit of a pain. I order when I'm also getting kids jackets (brilliant for the price) or I buy trench coats from them. If you are only buying a t shirt it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Always found M&S t-shirts to be good quality, never bobble in the wash unlike most other brands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Always found M&S t-shirts to be good quality, never bobble in the wash unlike most other brands

I've had a couple where the neck has stretched massively, but everything else is fine. Definitely a step up from Penneys though.

I've found quality control to be very hit and miss with m&s and their sizing is all over the place. A couple of years ago I would have gone there alright.

Tried to order vneck tees from arket but they only have s and xl, so I'll retry later if I don't get a chance to go to cos.

Thanks for replying!

• Advertisement
Advertisement