Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lovely!
    Whats it like to live with?

Me? Its an old Ducati - if you look after it and keep it maintained it'll reward you by failing catastrophically when you least expect it.

It is uncomfortable in the way all sportsbikes are, the pegs are too high and the bars too far away but it is narrow so you slot into it nicely. On the road the mirrors are useless, the heat from the exhaust will render you sterile and the lights are rubbish.

All this means nothing once you open the throttle and it thumps off like a frightened greyhound, cornering like a laser-guided surgeons blade and feeding information back to every sense like a high speed internet connection.

I love it but its a bit like riding your mates wife, massive fun but eventually it'll end up costing a lot of money and making you sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Me? Its an old Ducati - if you look after it and keep it maintained it'll reward you by failing catastrophically when you least expect it.

It is uncomfortable in the way all sportsbikes are, the pegs are too high and the bars too far away but it is narrow so you slot into it nicely. On the road the mirrors are useless, the heat from the exhaust will render you sterile and the lights are rubbish.

All this means nothing once you open the throttle and it thumps off like a frightened greyhound, cornering like a laser-guided surgeons blade and feeding information back to every sense like a high speed internet connection.

I love it but its a bit like riding your mates wife, massive fun but eventually it'll end up costing a lot of money and making you sad.

A dangerous ride is a goodie lol. Reminds me of a Woodie Allen movie.
    Rode a 916 once before years ago. Loved the clocks and sound and as you say the fluted tank, could almost knock your knees together.
    My own 1ltwin felt like it has 20 horse on it which turned out to be true on dyno but yeah it was a special yoke all the same. Yer man was fast as fcuk on it anyway despite my horses ha!

Are belts difficult to change and is there servicing engine wise beyond what you'd expect not owing a Ducati?

If it were me I'd destickerify her,... I know, I know wouldn't be the internets if you didn't have somone suggesting changes to your machine. Is it an official infostrada rep model like?
    Either way a beautiful yoke and a rewarding machine to get the best from. More pics of work undertaken plz.

Rode a 916 once before years ago. Are belts difficult to change and is there servicing engine wise beyond what you'd expect not owing a Ducati? If it were me I'd destickerify her,...
    Is it an official infostrada rep model like? More pics of work undertaken plz.

First off its a 748 - a more revvy, less explodey version of the bike with a biposto subframe so its less likely to collapse under my 15 stone frame. I bought it exactly as you see it, I changed the oil and it came with fresh belts so I'm not touching them. Apparently they aren't difficult to change once you splash out on the Ducati belt tensioner tool.

The fairings were painted/stickered and lacquered so the Foggy/Bayliss/InfoStrada paint has to stay since I'm not arsed looking for replacements (and I like it!). Apart from fitting an open clutch cover and cleaning it to within an inch of factory fresh I haven't done anything to it so theres not much point in more pics - buy it and you can admire it in your own house...

2018-12-11-14-00-26.jpg

First off its a 748 - a more revvy, less explodey version of the bike with a biposto subframe so its less likely to collapse under my 15 stone frame. I bought it exactly as you see it, I changed the oil and it came with fresh belts so I'm not touching them. Apparently they aren't difficult to change once you splash out on the Ducati belt tensioner tool.

The fairings were painted/stickered and lacquered so the Foggy/Bayliss/InfoStrada paint has to stay since I'm not arsed looking for replacements (and I like it!). Apart from fitting an open clutch cover and cleaning it to within an inch of factory fresh I haven't done anything to it so theres not much point in more pics - buy it and you can admire it in your own house...

2018-12-11-14-00-26.jpg

Cool! An in gaff bike shrine.
    You're selling? Would love to buy it but I'd get my marching orders if another "appeared". That and my sportbike contortionist says are (largely) behind me. These days traillies are my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

It's been a while since I posted, but here is my new motor. Can't wait to get this out on Irish roads.

7eZ21c4.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolute cracker!!!!

Stay safe and well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Picked up the auld veganmobile yesterday. No match for a big street bike but I do love gucci ****.

sW5e8oQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Picked up the auld veganmobile yesterday. No match for a big street bike but I do love gucci ****.

sW5e8oQ.jpg

Sweet!
    Is the lack of noise easy to overcome?
    I can't even stand standard exhausts,I need them loud but other than that I would love one of those!

sW5e8oQ.jpg

How da fuq is that pulling your frame along Wiz? You must of got it off Doc Emmet Brown and he stuck on the flux capitor generationg 1.21 jigga whatts!!!!

Very nice, enjoy ya mad ecco warrior.

blade1 wrote: »
    Sweet!
    Is the lack of noise easy to overcome?
    I can't even stand standard exhausts,I need them loud but other than that I would love one of those!

I do like a bit of barp barp alright but this is mad. Sounds like a spaceship when you give it a bit of welly, but most of the noise is the knobblies on it. Pulls hard as well.

Once you keep riding around like you're invisible it shouldn't make a difference. I can't hear for **** at the best of times so having a chat with a lad at the lights last night was actually possible rather than me going "Wha'?" a lot.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How da fuq is that pulling your frame along Wiz? You must of got it off Doc Emmet Brown and he stuck on the flux capitor generationg 1.21 jigga whatts!!!!

Very nice, enjoy ya mad ecco warrior.

110nm of torque vs. the S1000RR's 113nm. Pulls like a train.

I do like a bit of barp barp alright but this is mad. Sounds like a spaceship when you give it a bit of welly, but most of the noise is the knobblies on it. Pulls hard as well.

Once you keep riding around like you're invisible it shouldn't make a difference. I can't hear for **** at the best of times so having a chat with a lad at the lights last night was actually possible rather than me going "Wha'?" a lot.

I ride like I'm invisible anyway so that would be fine.
    Sounds like a spaceship?
    Now that's got me interested alright.
    Who sells them?

I ride like I'm invisible anyway so that would be fine.
    Sounds like a spaceship?
    Now that's got me interested alright.
    Who sells them?

Franklin Motorcycles out in swords, only been doing them a few weeks. This is allegedly the first one sold in the country (assuming I'm not having smoke blown up me hole).

Franklin Motorcycles out in swords, only been doing them a few weeks. This is allegedly the first one sold in the country (assuming I'm not having smoke blown up me hole).

Lol well enjoy.
    Cool bike!

Well wear Grumpy.
    110nm is insane lol that thing must be a complete hooligan. How long does it last when yer hooning it? Whats the range?

Well wear Grumpy.
    110nm is insane lol that thing must be a complete hooligan. How long does it last when yer hooning it? Whats the range?

Only got it yesterday but based off complicated maths it looks like anywhere from 150-280km depending on how you ride it. Really does make a difference.

I ripped it around howth head last night and it took 10% off the battery straight up, then eco mode around town for nearly an hour was another 10%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Saw your YouTube upload today too. Well wear buddy!

zubair wrote: »
    Saw your YouTube upload today too. Well wear buddy!

Cheers!

For reference, here's the obligatory bi-annual channel plug:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Any of the tyre companies making special electric tyres for it?
    I know they make electric tyres for cars, the main difference being trying to reduce road noise, now that there is no engine noise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers!

For reference, here's the obligatory bi-annual channel plug:

You say 'fucking' a lot :pac:

[/QUOTE]
    That is fcukin hilarious!!

You say 'fucking' a lot
    I call it "comma fcuking" tis harmless;) Have several friends who do it, usually increases with drink.
    Workshop fella on utube who hates delboy does it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

They are great fun to ride, I took out the demo model the other week and the torque is incredible, it is a bit disconcerting not having the noise but you get used to it pretty quickly.

That is the first one sold in Ireland afaik there was one or two imported privately but Franklin are the first to get the franchise over here.

The speed can catch you out though as without the noise you don't realise how fast your going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭GBX

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I really wanted to get a Super SOCO TC Max but it was proving a bit tricky.

Saw one in the flesh in Sweden recently. Tidy bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

sW5e8oQ.jpg

Class! How much - if you don't mind revealing?
    And what's the insurance story like with them?

• Advertisement

I suppose this could be done to sort the no engine noise issue :pac:

drumm23 wrote: »
    Class! How much - if you don't mind revealing?
    And what's the insurance story like with them?

Insurance was no hassle, second bike so hard to tell what a straight up quote would look like. Carole Nash and Principal will insure them no bother.

The bikes are spendy enough, DS is starting at about 13k up to closer to 20k depending on what spec you want. I got the extended battery and charge tank so closer to the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I suppose this could be done to sort the no engine noise issue :pac:

:D:D:D...brilliant..starts off like a 2 stroke then turns into a Chevy v8...............

That is a helluva chuck of change for a 2nd bike m8, especially considering what your other bike is.

Well wear, I will give you a honk if I see you on the road coz I certainly wont hear you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Hadnt been out in nearly a week due to work, went out for a spin over the wicklow mountains just as the sun was setting...

Met a few lads absolutely hammering it going the other way madness on those roads with sheep wandering around all over the shop, stay safe lads

d6d2dacb-d8a6-4d78-a9f6-51568afba158.jpg

• Advertisement

No photos yet as garden photos wouldn't do this bike justice.

The Ducati Hypermotard SP has arrived, she's absolutely stunning looking.

My son is coming over after work to pick it up then we're taking a ride so photos to come.

This is one of the sexiest bikes I've ever clapped eyes on!.

No photos yet as garden photos wouldn't do this bike justice.

The Ducati Hypermotard SP has arrived, she's absolutely stunning looking.

My son is coming over after work to pick it up then we're taking a ride so photos to come.

This is one of the sexiest bikes I've ever clapped eyes on!.

Will he give u a go on it?
    Will u be able to behave if he does? :pac:
    Was it Ted's you went with?
    How did you find them?

Will he give u a go on it?
    Will u be able to behave if he does? :pac:
    Was it Ted's you went with?
    How did you find them?

Yup, had a go on it and kept it more or less civilized :D (but its bloody savage). It was kinda funny because I didn't act the sack on it in the industrial estate but wheelied by GS on the way home lol

Seriously on this thing I'd be like a bold child after eating a bucket of smarties.

He went with Ted's thanks. We'd highly recommend Ted's, can't remember the lads name (big friendly guy) kept in touch every bit of the way. Dropped the bike to my house then spend an age chatting about bikes :D Lovely guy

486998.jpg

486999.jpg

487000.jpg

We'd planned on taking a decent spin this evening but when we went out he found some things needed attention, ie the gear selector needed to be adjusted (the previous owner probably wore MX boots, to change gear required lifting your whole leg) and one of the mirrors wasn't right, just a minor adjustment but it required us coming home to mine to get the bike right for him.

The photos here don't do this justice, its a beautiful bike, a proper head turner.

A savage bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

That is a cracking looking bike! Would your son be able to post up a review of it after he's ridden it for a bit? I'm considering changing my bike next year and love the look of the Hypermotard. Would like to know what it's like to live with. Best of luck with her anyway!

sonic85 wrote: »
    That is a cracking looking bike! Would your son be able to post up a review of it after he's ridden it for a bit? I'm considering changing my bike next year and love the look of the Hypermotard. Would like to know what it's like to live with. Best of luck with her anyway!

You should buy this! Cheap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lovely bike mak, I had one for the last 5 years. Definitely an attention grabber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You should buy this! Cheap...

That's my one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just picked this up form Belfast Harley Davidson today. Went in for one bike and bought 2 and maybe 3 !! :P

Anyway this is my Buell XB9S. It rides like it's on rails and goes faster than it should.

487131.jpg

487132.jpg

487133.jpg

D3V!L wrote: »
    Just picked this up form Belfast Harley Davidson today. Went in for one bike and bought 2 and maybe 3 !! :P

Anyway this is my Buell XB9S. It rides like it's on rails and goes faster than it should.

487131.jpg

487132.jpg

487133.jpg

Nice!!
    Looks clean,what year is it?
    There's a xb12r near me which I've rode and seems like a good bike.
    It's for sale with while.
    The buells seem to get overlooked a bit.

Nice!!
    Looks clean,what year is it?
    There's a xb12r near me which I've rode and seems like a good bike.
    It's for sale with while.
    The buells seem to get overlooked a bit.

It's a 2003, 13000 miles on it and I paid 3 grand.

It's fairly clean ,no rust or corrosion.

• Advertisement

It's a 2003, 13000 miles on it and I paid 3 grand.

It's fairly clean ,no rust or corrosion.

Well wear with it!

Here's a bit of useless info for you..
    Sept. 2003.
    My recent purchase and buell xb(the 12 though) featured in Two wheels only mag

IMG-20190803-203611.jpg

IMG-20190803-203727.jpg

IMG-20190716-105821.jpg

487131.jpg

487132.jpg

487133.jpg

Cracking bike mate..very overlooked bike imo...lose the HD keyring ..its embarassing.....:P

Well wear with it!

Here's a bit of useless info for you..
    Sept. 2003.
    My recent purchase and buell xb(the 12 though) featured in Two wheels only mag

IMG-20190803-203611.jpg

IMG-20190803-203727.jpg

IMG-20190716-105821.jpg

God Two Wheels Only that brings back memories! I used to buy that constantly in school dreaming about the bikes id love to own! Not much has changed!

sonic85 wrote: »
    God Two Wheels Only that brings back memories! I used to buy that constantly in school dreaming about the bikes id love to own! Not much has changed!

Jesus....you still in school..?....:D

lose the HD keyring ..its embarassing.....:P

But but ..... :(

Jesus....you still in school..?....:D

Ha! Wish I was lad - simpler times!

Just picked this up in Waterford today . Yes , I'm officially old but I don't care :D

487554.jpg

Oh and don't expect me to nod or wave at any of you anymore. :pac:

Just picked this up in Waterford today . Yes , I'm officially gay but I don't care :D

487554.jpg

Oh and don't expect me to nod or wave at any of you anymore. :pac:

FTFY.....:D

FTFY.....:D
    Very chromy and flamboyant, well wear!

• Advertisement

Very chromy and flamboyant, well wear!

I'm stripping the "Frumpy Glide" windshield, top box and mirrors off unless I'm touring. Basically have a liquid cooled Street Glide then.

Advertisement