Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overseas insurance company

Options
  • 17-07-2019 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been trying to insure a 99 car for the last two weeks but only liberty will insure me, I was telling this to a friend and someone he knows is using a insurance company from either sweden, norway or finland. He is paying 400 when his quote here was in the 2000s, its something got to do with a loophole i'm lead to believe, the only way I think he has that quote is with an address in that country and is using that with an irish reg that also covers him within europe.

Does any know more about this or knows a company overseas insuring ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

There was a Danish company called Qudos selling insurance in Ireland and they went bankrupt last year or early this year, also don't think they were regulated by the Irish Central Bank just the Danish one, so you friend may need to be careful if a claim arose.

There are overseas companies operating here like Octane and you can only deal with them through brokers.

I don't know any from the countries you mentioned

Advertisement