Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way Advice

Options
  • 10-07-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm planning a Wicklow Way Hike at the moment and am trying to map out a schedule for accommodation.

I'm trying to condense the hiking into 4 days and it's currently looking like this:

Day 1 - Marlay Park to Roundwood
    Day 2 - Roundwood to Glenmalure
    Day 3 - Glenmalure to Moyne
    Day 4 - Moyne to Clonegal

I've day hiked the first three days previously, so i know what the distances and trail is like, however i've no experience with the Moyne to Clonegal leg so wondering whether i'm better of splitting that over two days.

Does anyone have any advise on this leg or other tips on where might be better to stay along the way?

The hike is in August so daylight shouldn't be an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Parpington

I decided yesterday to walk the Wicklow Way in two weeks' time (over 6days from Aug 5th - 10th), so I too would also be grateful of any advice.

I would ideally like to camp each night but having not done much long distance walking in well over a year and a bad sciatica issue a few months ago, I could probably do without the extra weight to carry.

Any suggestions on getting back to Dublin from the finish in Clonegal on the Saturday? I have found some threads on here saying there is a bus but it is infrequent and possible no longer running.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

theres a wicklow way facebook page say you will find all info there

Advertisement