Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Water Calendar?

Options
  • 21-02-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

when does it come out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I havent heard much yet as in a way of a Calender but have heard that the Liffey Swim has switched to August 18th and the Dun Laoghaire has been put to September some time, so basically they have switched swims....

I reckon it wont be long till its out though especially after hearing the Liffey and Dun Laoghaire swim has been switched...

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

more interested in the Munster calendar mad m . . . .

are the horror stories that go around down here about ye Dubs throwing new-comers into the scratch group even if they know their likely speed true?

i'd like to do the Liffey but the thought of having swim in a handicap race with a group that will take 6 or 7 mins out of me in a 1k is putting me off the four qualifying swims

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

more interested in the Munster calendar mad m . . . .

are the horror stories that go around down here about ye Dubs throwing new-comers into the scratch group even if they know their likely speed true?

i'd like to do the Liffey but the thought of having swim in a handicap race with a group that will take 6 or 7 mins out of me in a 1k is putting me off the four qualifying swims

Ah they do sometimes do that, but new comers from what I've seen were never on scratch...They ask you who you swim for etc, and probably put you on 5/6mins to see what time you do, then they will give you a time that they think is fair.This might happen for a couple of races. They have been caught before with new comers romping home...

You should of said about the Munster Open sea Calender...:D. Must ask Stephen Miller about the ILDSA one also.....

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

mad m wrote: »
    You should of said about the Munster Open sea Calender...:D

i suppose that's true enough . . . . but you ASSUMED that i meant Dublin :D

Advertisement