Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Swimming Championships 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Silver medal, fantastic, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Fair play, must be tough doing the 1,500 and the 800, pretty sore muscles now i'd say. Great stuff though, now back to the sunbathing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Brilliant silver medal. she is just about to be interviewed on bbc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Excluding you know who, this is the best Irish performance for an Irish athlete at a major swimming championships. Delighted for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Excluding you know who, this is the best Irish performance for an Irish athlete at a major swimming championships. Delighted for her.

Only Irelands 2nd ever medal at a major long course championships, after Gary O'Toole's silver in 1989.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

Fantastic swim by Grainne Murphy!

Just wondering what would the other Murphy (Barry) do if he had qualified for the 50m free semi-finals this eve?! He'd have had to swim the 50m free heats+semi-finals + 50m breaststroke final! In the end he got 23.06 in the 50m free and didn't qualify. I'm loathe to suggest it, but perhaps he took it easy to focus on the 50m breast final? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that.

What are Barry Murphy's prospects for later on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

04072511 wrote: »
    What are Barry Murphy's prospects for later on?

He has an outside shot of a medal. All 8 qualifying times are quite close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Great swim from Grainne, looking forward to Barry's swim. on soon! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

He has an outside shot of a medal. All 8 qualifying times are quite close

Yup. If he goes anywhere near his Irish record (27.26) he'll have a good chance. Fastest semi-finalist swam 27.44. Fastest in the heats was 27.37.

Ha I love Markus Rogan's interviews. Tells it like it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Congrats to Grainne Murphy.....Anyone any links to a replay of it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Only Irelands 2nd ever medal at a major long course championships, after Gary O'Toole's silver in 1989.

:rolleyes:

Kevski wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I don't recognise Smith's medals.

Grainne came 12th this morning in the 400m Free and misses the final. Tired I'm sure after a long hard week.

I'm sorry but I don't recognise Smith's medals.

Grainne came 12th this morning in the 400m Free and misses the final. Tired I'm sure after a long hard week.

Yup. Her 400m split in the 800 final was faster than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭akkadian

mad m wrote: »
    Congrats to Grainne Murphy.....Anyone any links to a replay of it....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=106221496

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Was away for the past weekend. Luckily I managed to see the 1500m final on TV. Fantastic performance, well done Grainne.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Congrats to Grainne Murphy, great swimming altogether......Btw does anyone know what's happened to Aisling Cooney? Was a young swimmer at Beijing 2 years ago and would have expected her to be on the team at the Europeans? Is she injured maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Great to see our swimmers doing well, well done to the whole team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

I think Aisling Cooney is injured. But I am not certain.
    Her coach was ill recently and she moved to the High Performance Centre in Limerick to train until he got better. He is now better and she has moved back to Dublin to train with him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

RTE have an hour long OB Sport programme on the European Swimming Championships.

Available, here, on the player until Mon 6th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swim trainer

swim2 wrote: »
    There are another few to watch out for in the years to come, Syrenika Mc Mahon from Ulster(Leander Swim club I think & dont quote me on the spelling of her first name!!) and Shauna Smith who moved from Germany to train in Limerick (one of her parents is Irish and the other German-not sure which and she grew up in Germany so its a big move to make) who both have good potential.
    Syrenika broke some Irish records at the Euro Junior championships this summer(some set by Grainne Murphy last summer) so the future is very bright for Irish swimming...
    shauna father is irish and is swim trainer in berlin germany, training young swimmers very successfully for years her mother is german

Advertisement