Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraternal Order of Police in Dublin?

Options
  • 02-01-2008 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

I was at the national FOP convention in the states (I work there in LE) and ran into two guys from Ireland. We didn't exchange contact info though. They said they we're from an FOP lodge in Ireland. The FOP website lists such a lodge but has very little contact info. If anyone has good contact info could you post it or PM me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 remmurts

I've been out of Ireland for quite a number of years, but IIRC there was an FOP Lodge, International #1, that was a social/fraternal organization rather than a collective bargaining unit or labor union that you might be more familiar with in the US.

Ireland's national police force (Garda Siochana) are represented by the Garda Representastive Association (GRA) for collective bargaining purposes.

Advertisement