Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round 14 this weekend - any takers??

• 30-06-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi again to all you avid Aussie Rules followers,
    Round 14 begins tomorrow night with Carlton (and lets hope O' Hailpin plays and comes back to form) V Brisbane (Fevola back in town). So, question is to the educated masses following these threads. Give me the name of a team you feel will win by 30+ points this weekend. Easy, eh? Except, I reserve the right to discount 1 game, namely Collingwood V West Coast (sorry Xavi). Lets see how many ardent pundits we have in this room!!! Bit of fun looking at it early next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Hey seipeal, good to have another fan on here.

Setanta has been named, hope the break has done him good and he'll get back to his early season form, he's great fun to watch (even if he did kick 5 against the pies :mad:)

As for a 30+ point winner, can't look any further than the Cats at home to the Roos off the back of a loss. I feel a hammering coming on...

Oh and the Pies will flog the Eagles as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Hi SSK,
    Am I alone in squirming whenever I see Setanta go for a high mark. Awkward is not the word. And, i really, really want him to do well over here but....... I don't know, but he is not a natural after 6 years, so I worry about the Tommy Walsh's and the Brian Donnelly's ( Irish guy floundering in SANFL ) because, it appears to be bloody difficult to change codes. I know a 17 year old Kildare guy who was brilliant in the Kildare minor win 2nd replay win against Dublin yesterday, who has an option for Collingwood next year and I hope he comes out here but it IS very difficult. What do folk think?????

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Hi SSK,
    Am I alone in squirming whenever I see Setanta go for a high mark. Awkward is not the word. And, i really, really want him to do well over here but....... I don't know, but he is not a natural after 6 years, so I worry about the Tommy Walsh's and the Brian Donnelly's ( Irish guy floundering in SANFL ) because, it appears to be bloody difficult to change codes. I know a 17 year old Kildare guy who was brilliant in the Kildare minor win 2nd replay win against Dublin yesterday, who has an option for Collingwood next year and I hope he comes out here but it IS very difficult. What do folk think?????

The way I look at it is that the elite gaelic footballers will definitely have a better than even chance of making it. Marty Clarke was one of the best minors I have ever seen and obviously became a very good AFL player as well. I'd put Cribbin up there in that category, and physically he is made for AFL and he has great ball skills as well. I have seen him play live 3 or 4 times and he really is an awesome player at his best.

Hanley was a Mayo senior at 18 and he's shown some decent signs as well. That's why I reckon Walsh will make it, as he has proven himself to be a top drawer footballer already. The likes of Donnelly and Meredith at the Roos were decent minor players but nowhere near the top bracket of players.

Setanta was never a great footballer, but his extraordinary physical attributes have meant that Carlton stuck with him even though it took 6 years to make a player out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Not counting Collingwood smashing the eagles, (although i dont want to see this, i dont like the eagles, but i really hate collingwood), i would say Fremantle will over power Port by +30 points. hopefully anyway, we need the percentage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Cracking game between the Hawks and Bulldogs! Edge of the seat stuff.

Good win for Freo today too, lost Barlow to a broken leg though:(
    Port gave us a scare in the second half, came back and buried them in the second half:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Glad to see the Eagles maintaining their consistency.

Another embarrassing performance.

Mackman, I'm gutted for Barlow, great to see a player like that work his way u from the bottom to become an AFL star. A mate of mine in Melbourne who follows the VFL team he came from (thinks its the one affiliated to the Roos) had a couple of quid on him to win the Brownlow at mental odds at the start of the year... not a happy man :(

Jaysus Xavi the Weagles picked a terrible year to finish bottom :pac: I only saw a few highlights but I don't think we needed to even get out of second gear. Although Jolly's form is a big bonus as we head towards the finals

Advertisement