Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martial Arts photographic & video thread.

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, they're screen prints from Youtube.

But here's the throw which won me my Judo black belt this weekend :D

378050.jpg

378051.jpg

378052.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭cletus

Congrats makikomi. Having been around here since '04, I know how long you've been waiting for that throw

cletus wrote: »
    Congrats makikomi. Having been around here since '04, I know how long you've been waiting for that throw

Cheers :D

Yes its been a long, tough road with lots of up's and downs along the way.

But I never gave up, through injury, defeats, times when I hadn't the money to enter competitions or to take time off work to attend ~ I never gave up, I never quit.

Judo has a particularly tough road to your black belt, you can not just grade in your club or attend seminars. Apart from technical tests you've also got Kata to learn (and be tested on), and they're all on top of having to fight to attain points off your DAN grade.

When I realized I'd won by ippon and had just won my black belt, well I'm not kidding when I say I'd to fight back the tears.

And the first time stepping onto the mat as a black belt, this sounds strange ~ but it was like I was the noobie and everyone is looking at you.

This week has been magic, and I'd urge anyone with a love of their choosen style to stick with it, fight through the tough times, the injuries, self doubt after defeats etc because getting the black belt has been the greatest thing I've done as a Judoka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Ah wow just seeing this now. Well done Makikomi! Long aul road but you made it! Well done!

Peetrik wrote: »
    Ah wow just seeing this now. Well done Makikomi! Long aul road but you made it! Well done!

Thanks man :D

Tbh one week on and I'm still on a high. I keep looking at my license/grading card and seeing -FIRST DAN- wrote into the date and I get a rush of excitement every time.

It was a long, hard road but worth every minute of it. I'm delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

Great thread so far, here is my contribution.

Some videos we recently uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdTdF6Ojh80HuLSq9ChI3fg/videos

and our photo gallery: http://grayschoolofarms.com/gallery

Some of the most beautiful Judo you'll see in your life.

Advertisement