Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDIP & The UK

Options
  • 19-03-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

There is a chance that this question has been answered elsewhere so please feel free to direct me if you have the info / links etc.

I graduated in 2005 with a HDip in Art & Design Education. Long story short, there were no jobs, no one hiring and very little work out there. I didn't put the HDip to use and concentrated on getting a job and 8 years later I've worked in a private college (admin role) and now in a University (admin role with lots of responsibility). I've kept working away on different art projects and have since completed my MA.

I'm now considering moving to the UK in September and I honestly have no clue where to start except to look on the TES website. Can I just apply as I have the H Dip or is there a whole detailed process I need to go through to be validated or prove that I'm qualified. I've heard about QTS - but I'm unsure how it relates to me or even if my HDip will transfer across to the UK.

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mel84

Ther are loads of agencies an u meet loads of people if u go thru them- everyone seems to have bad stories about agencies but I went thru Engage Ireland and they wer great :) if u have any questions pm me- I'm off fur 2 weeks now before goin bk to the UK! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi there,

There is a chance that this question has been answered elsewhere so please feel free to direct me if you have the info / links etc.

I graduated in 2005 with a HDip in Art & Design Education. Long story short, there were no jobs, no one hiring and very little work out there. I didn't put the HDip to use and concentrated on getting a job and 8 years later I've worked in a private college (admin role) and now in a University (admin role with lots of responsibility). I've kept working away on different art projects and have since completed my MA.

I'm now considering moving to the UK in September and I honestly have no clue where to start except to look on the TES website. Can I just apply as I have the H Dip or is there a whole detailed process I need to go through to be validated or prove that I'm qualified. I've heard about QTS - but I'm unsure how it relates to me or even if my HDip will transfer across to the UK.

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

I could be completely wrong but in Ireland when you first qualify you only get conditional status with teaching council and must sent in a form
    Stamped by principal stating you worked a number of hours, then you become fully registered but there is a time limit on it! This could be completely irrelevant for the uk though!

Advertisement