Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many cigarettes in 25 grams of tobacco

• 06-07-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

Roughly how many cigarettes would you get from 25 grams if you were using a cigarette maker and tubes with filters? What price is loose tobacco?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Roughly how many cigarettes would you get from 25 grams if you were using a cigarette maker and tubes with filters? What price is loose tobacco?

Depends a lot on your own preference for how much tobacco you like to put in each one, whether you like it rolled thick or slim. I would say somewhere between 40 and 70 cigarettes for a 25g pouch. Haven't bought in a shop in a while but I think it's about €10.50 for 25g of Drum, with others like Amber leaf, john player and pall mall coming in a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

It's not for me it's for my wife who refuses to even try to give up smoking, she smokes around 30 a day. Just trying to figure out is there a cheaper way for her to satisfy her craving. E cigs are out as she tried them.

I might have misunderstood your first post. There is two kinds of loose tobacco, one is the toll your own variety such as drum. The other is the one where you make your own version of a regular cigarette which looks the same? If that's the one you are talking about I don't know how much it costs but nothing is as expensive as the pre made ones. To be honest, I get my tobacco sent by a friend from Germany in small batches as it's less than half the cost of here. Do you have any option like that available to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Making a regular cigarette is what I meant. No I wouldn't know anyone that could send on cheaper tobacco. I thought customs would be checking for that.

The customs are more concerned with the larger scale operators I think, not the guy who is getting 5 packs sent once every two weeks. Haven't had any issue so far anyway. I can't help you with exact information about the rolling kits, other than to say they are definately cheaper and worth exploring further. Not that difficult to get your hands on I think, I've seen them in a good few places. Apologies for the lack of help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Does anyone know if you can use normal rolling tobacco in the cigarette making machines? I like normal rolling tobacco more anyway, but no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the hang of rolling, I've sat down for like 20 minutes at a time and if I'm lucky I might make one smokeable rollie, and even at that, most people would just rip it open and roll it again because it's usually not good. I've even tried the rolling machines you can buy, and while it's a little better, I still can 't make a good rollie with one of those. If I were to buy a rolling machine and tubes and put a normal rolling tobacco in, would I be able to use that? Or does it need the cigarette tobacco you can buy in pouches?

Advertisement