Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Is Ian Harte still available? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

iseegirls wrote: »
    Is Ian Harte still available? :D

Back-up at Bournemouth currently and that would be more preferable to a move to Leeds these days. Never thought I'd say that!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

We should have got Harte back in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Early January and one month of my Leeds calendar is now ruined.

JokerD wrote: »
    Early January and one month of my Leeds calendar is now ruined.

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

SarahBM wrote: »
    Amen to that.

Had a look at last years, think about 9 of 12 are gone. Might as well be renamed The Sky Bet Championship calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Last time I was over in Leeds this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VboSG_40xmk

Guess where Im going tomorrow. Can it happen again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

To be honest, if everything clicked on the day, we could easily do that again. We could equally get beaten by the same scoreline. I personally feel we have enough quality to suceed and the new 4-2-3-1 system might just be the catalyst we've been missing. Every part of last week was better.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Last time I was over in Leeds this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VboSG_40xmk

Guess where Im going tomorrow. Can it happen again:)

Unfortunately not. 1-0 to Birmingham. Second week running we've given away a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

On a relate noted, Noel Hunt is on a hat-trick for Ipswich away to Milwall.

• Advertisement

On a relate noted, Noel Hunt is on a hat-trick for Ipswich away to Milwall.

Sounds about right. :(

GET INNNNN !!!!!!. Another priceless point ?????

Could be at the end of the season. We actually moved up a place as Rotherham lost.

Cellino has lost his appeal. There goes any dosh for additional players this window at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cellino has lost his appeal. There goes any dosh for additional players this window at least.

And is the ban extended?

Whenever this thread crops up midweek, it's normally bad news. Doesn't improve much on weekends either!

Wouldn't make any difference seeing as we are currently under a transfer embargo and are not permitted to pay for any new signings in this transfer window.

Zaph wrote: »
    Wouldn't make any difference seeing as we are currently under a transfer embargo and are not permitted to pay for any new signings in this transfer window.

We have the benefit of plenty of Loopholes so that side of things is fine. But without money, well ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

championc wrote: »
    We have the benefit of plenty of Loopholes so that side of things is fine. But without money, well ........

I'll do what I can, but don't be depending on me!! :o

If you're listening to Popey on a stream, you'll agree that this sounds like an absolute cracker

• Advertisement

GET IIIIIINNNN

Popey and Whelan go mental !!!

I've no nails left

Squeaky bum time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Just let it be over already! Jesus Bellusci has some record!

Missed penalty and all. Bournemouth cannot get anything right.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Just let it be over already! Jesus Bellusci has some record!

9 yellows and 2 reds so far. He'll end up missing most of the rest of the season the rate he's going.

• Advertisement

Three precious and lucky points.

Oh Yesssssssss. Our season starts now !!!

Much prefer the passion of Adam Pope and Noel Whelan over Thom Kirwan and Eddie Gray

Holy crap, we won!!!!!

Yessss, that's why it's great being a Leeds fan - have that!

Priceless!

• Advertisement

More trouble for Cellino. News breaking during the game that he's up with 19 others for all kinds of dodgy charges to do with the building of Calgiari's stadium.

More trouble for Cellino. News breaking during the game that he's up with 19 others for all kinds of dodgy charges to do with the building of Calgiari's stadium.

It really wouldn't be Leeds without something coming along to almost immediately spoil what little bit of unexpected joy we get, would it?

Totally forgot we were playing tonight! I take it we finally won??!!?

Maybe Im the bad luck :(

Well the Italian construction industry is/was rotten, so its no surprise that Cellino is tainted.

With a bit of luck any court charges won't happen before the end of next year, and so will give him a chance to build up a team that will be top 6 rather than bottom 6.

It really wouldn't be Leeds without something coming along to almost immediately spoil what little bit of unexpected joy we get, would it?

Isn't it a win win?

I mean, I would be happy enough if the Cellino circus rumbled on, as long as there is no points deduction along the way.

Isn't it a win win?

I mean, I would be happy enough if the Cellino circus rumbled on, as long as there is no points deduction along the way.

The problem being that if he's facing another court case he's going to be distracted and not pay enough attention to the club and/or not fund the club until he knows the verdict as another conviction in Italy will have the FL barring him again. The only thing in our favour is that Italian justice moves very slowly, so in theory it could be a few years before this goes to court, if it ever does. However if he ends up barred again by the FL he'll probably look for a buyer, and there isn't exactly a queue of credible suitors begging to take the club off his hands.

Belluschi tackle clearly shouldn't have been a penalty. Any hope of red card being recinded probably counter acted by tweeting this after the game:
    **** who does not support the leeds .
    thanks to those who understand football!!! 3 points http://t.co/0bwnBb47xm

And then retweeting anyone who posted a pic of the bad decision. Will def get some sanction from FA.

A yellow would have been his 10th so he was fooked either way, in addition to whatever may happen over the Cameron Jerome crap

The problem being that if he's facing another court case he's going to be distracted and not pay enough attention to the club and/or not fund the club until he knows the verdict as another conviction in Italy will have the FL barring him again. The only thing in our favour is that Italian justice moves very slowly, so in theory it could be a few years before this goes to court, if it ever does. However if he ends up barred again by the FL he'll probably look for a buyer, and there isn't exactly a queue of credible suitors begging to take the club off his hands.

I don't mind if he is distracted at all. If he doesn't provide funds, that's a serious problem, but presume that will be dictated by his desire to see his asset preserve its value and not whether he is convicted or not. He could decide to withhold funds even if he was acquitted of this latest wrongdoing, but if the club tumbles down divisions then the value of the asset dwindles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Elated with that win - sounds like we rode our luck a bit but we've been overdue a wee turn.

With regards to Bellusci I'd have to say I like him - he might be limited as a player but any time I have seen him he gives his all and plays with a bit of passion and pride.

• Advertisement

I don't mind if he is distracted at all. If he doesn't provide funds, that's a serious problem, but presume that will be dictated by his desire to see his asset preserve its value and not whether he is convicted or not. He could decide to withhold funds even if he was acquitted of this latest wrongdoing, but if the club tumbles down divisions then the value of the asset dwindles.

The problem is though, if you go by what the likes of David Conn are saying, it doesn't sound like Cellino will be able to resume his role any time in the near future. That on top of the current transfer embargo pretty much ties his hands so I really can't see any way back for him. A sale seems like the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    The problem is though, if you go by what the likes of David Conn are saying, it doesn't sound like Cellino will be able to resume his role any time in the near future. That on top of the current transfer embargo pretty much ties his hands so I really can't see any way back for him. A sale seems like the only option.

I dont know about sale being the only option, isnt Leeds owned by Cellinos Company eleonora sport with Cellino being the CEO? can someone else from within this eleonora sport step into the role of CEO instead of him and receive funds through the company eleonora sport?
    Surely there has to be an up side/protection when a company owns the shares and not an individual?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

My worry is with the Italian justice system is that he will end up being elected as President of Italy & thats the last we'll see of him (!)...............;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Emanuele Giulianelli saying we have signed Sol Bamba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MC is reporting that Bianchi wants out - I said it before these loanees can be very flaky with their loyalty

N'Goyi in too

DoctaDee wrote: »
    MC is reporting that Bianchi wants out - I said it before these loanees can be very flaky with their loyalty

MC said Bianchi, Sloth and Doukara all looking to leave but won't be letting them go. Two in today sound decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

DoctaDee wrote: »
    MC said Bianchi, Sloth and Doukara all looking to leave but won't be letting them go. Two in today sound decent.

Didn't realise we signed Bianchi on a 4 year deal .. money in if thats the case I'd bin him personally.

I was planning on giving MC some of this (hope I'm not contravening charter as it's in the spirit of football and not betting), didn't know whether to laugh or cry at peno miss :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

What the deuce? Byram's contract is up in the Summer.

Another case of us letting a promising player go for peanuts I think.

• Advertisement

Looks like he signed a 3 year contract in summer 2012 but then signed an improved 3.5 year contract in February 2013 so he is under contract until summer 2016. Papers/Media are probably going on the first contract renewal to get the rumour mill going and I see he's been linked to Newcastle and Arsenal in past few months. We'd definitely need to be signing him up again asap or else cash in this summer if he doesn't want to or we can't afford him.

http://www.lfe.org.uk/news/warnock-believes-sam-byram-will-improve-after-signing-new-deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement