Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher Silver Proof coin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fantafanta

I bought one. I see that it sold out today. It'll take an age for them to post it out now. Wondering what the other 2 silver coins this year will look like and what will the mintage be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Genuine question - why do most people buy coins/other items produced specially for the collectors' market? Is it for their intrinsic interest or in the hope of making a killing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mojo Hand

I bought two to frame under a signed picture. Rory has a huge following. It was a certainty they were going to sell out. I have to admit it was quick though.

If it's called a collectible, collectors are not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mojo Hand

Well I collect Rory memorabilia and I was interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

If it's called a collectible, collectors are not interested.

That's my thought too, but then I suppose collecting specially produced collectables is another variant of the collecting bug.

Advertisement