Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky contract

Options
  • 26-05-2020 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭

I currently pay 88.50 a month for sky tv and broadband.
    trying to reduce this.

Broadband = 47.50
    Variety TV and kids = 31
    HD and Box sets = 10 (box sets and HD are linked)
    The above is all with discounts.

It seems now Sky do not have the TV packages called variety anymore, I had a look but cant seem to find. the website is a bit clunky and not clear.
    Have they changed the TV packs?

are there different broadband packages? cant find this either on the sky website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thats all very strange. If you google "sky ireland broadband and tv" you get this from the very first search result. Shows everything that you say you couldnt find. Odd!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They changed the TV packs a while back - twice since the Variety pack was a thing, actually!

Their present TV packs are Signature (essentially all non premium linear channels except children’s) and Ultimate (which adds Netflix). Good luck trying to order without Netflix on their website these days. Box sets are now included in the base price...unfortunately HD/UHD isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭obi604

D'oh.......I was on a VPN when I was checking yesterday, so maybe that's why I didn't get to the page you linked above.

ok so variety is gone.

hmmm, for netflix etc, do you need a sky q box, I just have a sky+hd box

• Registered Users Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You can get eir broadband for €29.99, so that'll be a little saving?

Is the eir and vodafone TV package/interface bad in comparison to the Sky package?

• Advertisement

obi604 wrote: »
    Is the eir and vodafone TV package/interface bad in comparison to the Sky package?

Yes. But bundling broadband + tv isn't always best price out there.

dulpit wrote: »
    Yes. But bundling broadband + tv isn't always best price out there.

Right so for the the tv side of things, if I went with Éir or Vodafone , I would more than likely think the TV side of things like interface and performance (lag etc) would be crap composted to Sky interface.

obi604 wrote: »
    Right so for the the tv side of things, if I went with Éir or Vodafone , I would more than likely think the TV side of things like interface and performance (lag etc) would be crap composted to Sky interface.

From what I've seen & heard - yes. I will say that I haven't seen how the new Eir interface on Apple TV works though, so that might be better.

Advertisement