Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bikes?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Was wondering would anyone know a shop selling second hand bikes in Limerick?

I already have a decent bike I use for longer cycles, just wanted something a bit cheaper for going around town.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Pretty sure the bike shop on O'Connell avenue does.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RealCorkLanger

Pretty sure the bike shop on O'Connell avenue does.

Sound! I'll try there

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Siopa Rothar in John's Street have some also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭phog

Would the coca cola bikes be an option for you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

have you looked on donedeal or adverts.ie?

there's loads of bikes on those two sites.

I could be wrong but I thought bike shops only tend to sell high end second hand bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

henry street gardai station tend to sell unclaimed bikes that were stolen etc i believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Second hand bikes? Not entirely sure. Interested in this myself.

Are there people in Limerick recycling their bicycle?

phog wrote: »
    Would the coca cola bikes be an option for you?

Dont think that would suit me, there are no bike stands near where I live unfortunately.

I tried on donedeal etc... but a lot of the bikes on there seems to be in a bit of disrepair(not all) and I'm far from an expert. Like I want to avoid a situation of buying a bike and then finding I need to spend €100 to get it back to decent condition like

phill106 wrote: »
    henry street gardai station tend to sell unclaimed bikes that were stolen etc i believe?

I thought that too, was told they all get sold by a liquidator in dublin or somewhere now apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Hi OP, what kind of bike your looking for?

• Advertisement

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Hi OP, what kind of bike your looking for?

Preferably a hybrid or road bike, though I wouldn't rule out a mountain bike if the price was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I thought that too, was told they all get sold by a liquidator in dublin or somewhere now apparently

Mostly scrap anyway if you look at the flicker album. Waste of garda time/storage to be trying to reunite most of them with owners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

PM send OP...

Mostly scrap anyway if you look at the flicker album. Waste of garda time/storage to be trying to reunite most of them with owners.

Ya,I'd imagine there wouldnt be a lot to pick from there. Like, the vast majority of the decent bikes will have been claimed you'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Decent ones get sold off quick at car boot sales or something I'd say.
    The sort of muck they seize seems to be just "punting around the place" scobe transport.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gardasiochana/18886695602/in/album-72157625091734993/

Some nice bikes in that album but mostly BSOs "Bicycle shaped objects" and utter scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

never thought they would have so many!

Advertisement