Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois GAA turning the Corner

Options
  • 08-06-2015 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

After our comprehensive win over our Neighbours Offaly in Championship Hurling for the first time in 43 years I figured it might be worth starting a Thread to discuss all things Laois Gaa Releated
    Our Draw with Kildare in the Football in O'Connor Pk Tullamore was another we almost won.
    Finally I will say its great for the county that we are making progress in Hurling and I feel we can really put it up to Galway on Sat 20th June 5pm don't think
    the venue has been decided yet !?

LEINSTER SHC QUARTER-FINAL: LAOIS 0-29 OFFALY 0-21

Won't be getting carried away but its a start hopefully we'll get 1 over Kildare in the Football replay this Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Or even the GAA forum here.

Personally i live in Laois, not from here so couldn't care less about the hurlers or footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Good idea.

I am not not from Laois but think it would be great to see the Laois hurlers make a big impact, fcuk the begrudgers.

The G.A.A. needs people like Seamus "Cheddar" Plunkett. He comes across as an honest and passionate man as far as hurling goes and that can easily rub off on the lads around him and in turn that will filter down others who organise kids and coach juveniles. He has set a good marker for clubs in Laois to follow and given time it can only be good for the game locally.

A rising tide will lift all boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭homenotaway

Well folks, have to say it's a long time since I've felt this disillusioned with the goings-on in the county at the moment. What are we to do?

Advertisement