Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste disposal companies Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 merri1

HI,

AES are based in Portalaoise, from memory think they are a bout 30e /month.

There is another co in Carlow that will collect in PL they are 15/month for domestic and recycling will collect both bins each week. name of co Reaymond Whelan 059 9132636. He operates pay as you go system

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I'm with Oxegen and it's around €27 a month on direct debit. That cover's my normal (black) bin collected every week and the recycling (green) bin collected every 2 weeks. I found the service to be top class and they've never let me down in over 2 years.

Only prob I have is that I don't need to put my bin out every week but I pay for it either way as it's a monthly direct debit. Then again, some months I fill the bin quicker than others....

I've also heard some negative remarks about Whelan's but I don't know how true they are so don't hold me to it. And, just an observation, AES have let my neighbours down multiple times since I moved down here 2 years ago (i.e bins not collected some weeks) Again, that's just my opinion and may not be the overall case but I thought you should know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

We're with Ray Whelan about 6 years have the General & Recycling 240L started off at €19 now its €27.

seriously considering bringing rubbish to dump ourselves. Wonder is it much cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

I just joined Ray Whelan, €18 per month for 1 recycling and small waste bin. Only 2 of us, so not a massive amount of rubbish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've been with Ray Whelan for a few years now, costs €23 per month for 240L general waste and recycling (Portlaoise). I think you'd be mad to consider bringing the rubbish to the dump yourself! When you factor in the time, fuel and inconvenience of it all I think the collection charge is reasonable and fair (but I wish it was cheaper too!). Anyway it's not cheap to bring stuff out to the dump anymore, I can't remember how much it is per tonne, but you won't save an awful lot and if it were me I'd rather be doing something else on a Saturday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jecca1

Using Ray Whealen now with no problems and much more reasonable than AES who we were with.
    There was nothing but problems with AES - they never bothered to actually collect the bins. Spent more time on the phone to them to actually get them to do what I was paying them to do.

Advertisement