Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planned Terror attack Germany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

What this is new to you? Where have you been the last decade man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

how.gareth wrote: »

What does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Well done to the German authorities I suppose, bravo.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

nullzero wrote: »

tnx merkel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Ah must be more of Merkel's guests up to their old tricks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What does that mean?

Ye seem surprised there are bad guys wanting to hurt people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Omackeral wrote:
    tnx merkel

Stephen15 wrote:
    Ah must be more of Merkel's guests up to their old tricks again

So edgy and unique... oooh!

What does that mean?

My interpretation of it is;

nullzero wrote: »

Yes they did a great job. Very pro active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Scary times indeed..

Bomb "attempt to kill" -

Bombs sent to UK airports -

Weapons found

Find the culprits and deport these terrorists.

Scary times indeed..

Bomb "attempt to kill" -

Weapons found

For sure. No place for this evil in modern Europe

So it's just normal now? Pay no attention kind of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If Brexit doesn't happen, there will be some mighty peed off hardliners in UK too. Some MPs are being very wary at the moment.

Bet Treeza is well secured though.

Great to see anti terrorism security forces working well though. Fair play. Must be a daily battle everywhere to try and be one step ahead of these morons.

I never said that. I just answered your question regarding the meaning of a post that you admitted not understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Scary times indeed..

Bomb "attempt to kill" -

Weapons found

I hate this stupid rebuttal. It's fecking tiresome.

I never said that. I just answered your question regarding the meaning of a post that you admitted not understanding.

I meant to reply to the other guy. Thanks for clearing it up though.

Do you have any thoughts on these continuing terrorist threats?

I hate this stupid rebuttal. It's fecking tiresome.

Can you explain please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If Brexit doesn't happen, there will be some mighty peed off hardliners in UK too. Some MPs are being very wary at the moment.

Bet Treeza is well secured though.

Great to see anti terrorism security forces working well though. Fair play. Must be a daily battle everywhere to try and be one step ahead of these morons.

Brexit influenced UK terrorists... Never thought of that... That would be insane

I meant to reply to the other guy. Thanks for clearing it up though.

Do you have any thoughts on these continuing terrorist threats?

It's almost a daily occurrence. There are many foiled attacks we don't hear about. But, it's nothing new to have terror threats, as we in Ireland of all people should realise.

I'm not sure what you want from the thread, as the anti Islam, anti immigrant threads have been done to death here.

• Advertisement

It's almost a daily occurrence. There are many foiled attacks we don't hear about. But, it's nothing new to have terror threats, as we in Ireland of all people should realise.

I'm not sure what you want from the thread, as the anti Islam, anti immigrant threads have been done to death here.

Yes we had lots of problems in Ireland. They were addressed though and thankfully things are much better.

Im posting news and asking opinions. Do you think we shouldn't talk about the news? I didn't mention Islam or immigrants. I posted a news article.
    Reality

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Brexit influenced UK terrorists... Never thought of that... That would be insane

Well there was already the murder of Jo Cox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Why? Do you think it is impossible? I certainly don't listening to and watching some of the rabidly pro Brexit people.

But I sincerely hope that I am totally wrong and overthinking it of course. That goes without saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Why are all these companies closing their channels on breitbart.ie... sorry, boards...??

Reminder guys.
    No names related to the German planned attack released yet. Shouldn't jump to conclusions until more details are available.

Anyway as another poster said we have had our own problems with terrorism in Ireland here which have improved dramatically due to dialogue, agreement and power sharing.

What can be done in Europe to address this issue? Is there a way to solve this scourge or do you all just accept it and hope for the best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And more of these scum will be let into Europe next week and the week after and the week after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pretty normal now ya. Similar to living through the troubles. This is normal. There will be arrests for extremest individuals the world over. Various reasons but to pretend this isn't common now is well.... Weird.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And more of these scum will be let into Europe next week and the week after and the week after that.

So they're not .... German ... Like pretty much the bulk of home grown terrorists that have occurred in the last 40 years anywhere.

Or maybe you think your comment was edgey.

listermint wrote: »
    Pretty normal now ya. Similar to living through the troubles. This is normal. There will be arrests for extremest individuals the world over. Various reasons but to pretend this isn't common now is well.... Weird.

It's not that im pretending it's not common. More that I'm wondering if people just accept it now and don't really care as much. I mean the incident in Italy where a guy kidnapped 50 children and was going to blow then up would have been huge news a few years ago. Not so much now.

It's a sad state of affairs and nobody is really mentioning anything to address the problems. Don't you find that a bit sad?

• Advertisement

Can you explain please?

Every single thread like this has some clown trying to derail the topic with whataboutery about the IRA.

Maybe you can can explain to me your reasoning for posting so. Are we just supposed to ignore what's happening in Europe and bend over when it arrives on our shores?

Because you know but, but,but the IRA bla, bla, bla.

eagle eye wrote: »

It's a tiny tiny minority of people though. Most people no matter where they are from just want to get along and live their lives. You can't paint everyone the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well its good to see them catch them before they kill innocent people, rather than say after an event "they were known to us".

Every single thread like this has some clown trying to derail the topic with whataboutery about the IRA.

Maybe you can can explain to me your reasoning for posting so. Are we just supposed to ignore what's happening in Europe and bend over when it arrives on our shores?

are you ignoring the real threats that exist here because it doesn't suit your narrative?

A sorting office had to be evacuated in Limerick today, and it wasn't cos of IS sympathisers....

I find we hear more now about every stabbing in Germany than we ever did. We don't hear as much about the stabbings in London, and they are much closer, but people here don't seem as bothered by them...

So edgy and unique... oooh!

Mine was in absolute jest, let me assure you. Usually these fcuknuggets are second generation muppets.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well its good to see them catch them before they kill innocent people, rather than say after an event "they were known to us".

It's not that easy. For example on the news this evening they had the head of Interpol on for interview. He said they estimate there are up to 45000 Isis fighters now spread out around the world. These aren't just sympathisers some are battle hardened killers. It's impossible to track them all.

And that's just Isis.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    are you ignoring the real threats that exist here because it bdoent suit your narrative?

A sorting office had to be evacuated in Limerick today, and it wasn't cos of IS sympathisers....

You can feck off. Not entertaining your virtue signalling tonight. Thank you very much.

''Part and parcel'' I think is the phrase du jour

You can feck off. Not entertaining your virtue signalling tonight. Thank you very much.

Sorry, were you looking for confirmation bias only? kudos for getting in VS, that 5 points on alt-right bingo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Deutschland über alles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's not that easy. For example on the news this evening they had the head of Interpol on for interview. He said they estimate there are up to 45000 Isis fighters now spread out around the world. These aren't just sympathisers some are battle hardened killers. It's impossible to track them all.

And that's just Isis.

But it appears that in nearly all the cases the culprits are known about.

You rarely see a terror event when the person was totally unknown to authorities.

NIMAN wrote: »
    But it appears that in nearly all the cases the culprits are known about.

You rarely see a terror event when the person was totally unknown to authorities.

That's true yes. I don't think they can be arrested without some sort of proof though. I can remember reading somewhere about the amount of attacks police around the world foil before they happen and we never hear about them. There are lots and lots. It was a crazy figure

Reasoning was explained in my initial post when I said, "Find the culprits and deport these terrorists".

You say , "Are we just supposed to ignore what's happening in Europe and bend over when it arrives on our shores?".

Going by this attitude, what should have happened to Irish people living and working in England,Germany and Holland during the troubles?.

Were all Irish people living in these countries responsible?

Should all Irish people living in these countries be blamed? ( treatment of Irish people in the UK during this time was terrible)

What percentage of Muslims in Europe are terrorist?

What percentage of Irish people living in The UK,Germany and Holland during the IRA campaign there were terrorists?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Close call there has probably been a lot more similar plans thwarted but we don't hear about them in the news.

It's not that im pretending it's not common. More that I'm wondering if people just accept it now and don't really care as much. I mean the incident in Italy where a guy kidnapped 50 children and was going to blow then up would have been huge news a few years ago. Not so much now.

It's a sad state of affairs and nobody is really mentioning anything to address the problems. Don't you find that a bit sad?

Oh don't get me wrong.

I find it very sad. It's a dire indictment of the human condition. And it's an ever increasing example of polarisation and it's amplification that people with minority fringe views now have a louder voice than ever to push polarisation. There's always an 'other' a 'them' to focus on. And there are various posters in this thread and other threads like this that all hard in the trousers at a chance to push a narrative.

This is the world today , we have many great advances we have many luxuries and eases in life but we choose to absolutely waste our brain power on tribalistic buffoonary.

What is the ironic part is we all walked off the African continent 70,000 years ago.

Reasoning was explained in my initial post when I said, "Find the culprits and deport these terrorists".

You say , "Are we just supposed to ignore what's happening in Europe and bend over when it arrives on our shores?".

Going by this attitude, what should have happened to Irish people living and working in England,Germany and Holland during the troubles?.

Should all Irish people living in these countries be blamed? ( treatment of Irish people in the UK during this time was terrible)

What percentage of Irish people living in Germany and Holland during the IRA campaign there were terrorists?

All of these threads go the same route with people arguing.
    Does anyone actually have a solution or an idea of what can be done to prevent or dissuade terrorists from carrying out these attacks?
    Whether they are Islamic, white supremacist or any other type.

Or am I just being naive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

I dont actually see the point of threads like these. And sane person knows what's going on. Anyone saying it gets slandered. In ireland the troubles where because ira wanted a united ireland. These attacks etc are carried out by people who don't want anything. They just want death for many reasons. So you cant talk to them. You can try change there thinking but that's hard because if you mention what they are thinking or stand for your in trouble.

What percentage of Irish people living in Germany and Holland during the IRA campaign there were terrorists?

Just more whataboutery bla, bla, bla from you again.

Did the IRA attack Germany, nope.
    Did the IRA attack Holland , nope.
    Did the IRA attack England, yep.

What did England do with the Irish who they thought were involved and had intelligence on?

I dont actually see the point of threads like these. And sane person knows what's going on. Anyone saying it gets slandered. In ireland the troubles where because ira wanted a united ireland. These attacks etc are carried out by people who don't want anything. They just want death for many reasons. So you cant talk to them. You can try change there thinking but that's hard because if you mention what they are thinking or stand for your in trouble.

Very simplistic variation of what's going on tbh. They are carried out by guys that think they are marginalised and have nothing . Many being just petty criminals , various on drugs or what not searching for meaning and then radicalised by some randomer. These individuals don't start out like this.

The root cause isn't all Muslims bad. Only an idiot would believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

well yeah. Time was, a team of 8 terrorists attacking Las Ramblas with knives, bombs and vehicles attacks would be an unforgettable event, but now it disappears from the news before the bodies are cold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement